Thread: Confused about the results

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Confused about the results

I'm a bit confused about the result of the simulation (CVCX)

Number 1: 6 Decks, H17, DAS, DA2, Hole Card (as in the US), no surrender, no re-split aces

Number 2: 6 Decks, S17, DAS, DA2, No Hole card (as in Europe), no surrender, no re-split aces

According the Basic Strategy: Number 1 has a house advantage of -0.61 ... and Number 2 has a house advantage of -0.51

But using the CVCX (Red 7 Count) I get better results with "Number 1" ... .That doesn't sense to me. Is that possible? Or what do I not understand?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbelaar View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the result of the simulation (CVCX)

Number 1: 6 Decks, H17, DAS, DA2, Hole Card (as in the US), no surrender, no re-split aces

Number 2: 6 Decks, S17, DAS, DA2, No Hole card (as in Europe), no surrender, no re-split aces

According the Basic Strategy: Number 1 has a house advantage of -0.61 ... and Number 2 has a house advantage of -0.51

But using the CVCX (Red 7 Count) I get better results with "Number 1" ... .That doesn't sense to me. Is that possible? Or what do I not understand?

Thanks!
    For the ENHC game, are you sure you followed the correct playing strategy to not put out any extra money for doubles and splits except for A,A v. T? Also, what were the "better results"?

Don

You were right, I didn't make adjustments regarding the ENHC game .... now the results are slightly better with S17 & No hole card... but still the difference is small.... like "Number 1" --> 10.05 (win per hour) ... "Number 2" --> 10.36 ... shouldn't it be still bigger the difference?

I made adjustmens with 8,8 vs Ace & Ten; 10 & 11 vs Ten & Ace; 8,8 vs Ten & Ace; A,A vs Ace ... Did I forget something?

Not all No Hole card games are ENHC rules losing all to Dealer BJ. Your house edge of .61 is suggestive of not being ENHC. Now, hole card is very slightly superior to NHC, but not enough to account fir that difference which leaves - deck penetration. Are they the same in both sims?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Not all No Hole card games are ENHC rules losing all to Dealer BJ. Your house edge of .61 is suggestive of not being ENHC.
    That's what he said. The -0.61 is for the first, hole card, game. It's the second game that is ENHC, and the two edges are correct as quoted.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbelaar View Post
    I made adjustments with 8,8 vs Ace & Ten; 10 & 11 vs Ten & Ace; 8,8 vs Ten & Ace; A,A vs Ace ... Did I forget something?
    No, but there's no adjustment for 10 and 11 vs. Ace, or 10 vs. T. Those aren't BS doubles in the first place.

Don

Now I did some simulations again.. now corrected.... And it's still strange to me, that with both rules it's about the same when it comes to win per hour with Penetration of 75% ... when it's more per cent.. then the "number 1" is even better performing .. and when it's less than 75% .... "number 2" is performing better.

Would you say could be possible? .. i mean... playing Basic Strategy ... there is a difference of 0.10
    Last edited by Grobbelaar; 11-18-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Strange... Here I did it with HiLo and I get very close to 0.1% difference between the two.

Make sure you follow this Basic Strategy for 6 decks, S17, DAS, ENHC
    Basic 6 decks S17 DAS ENHC.doc
    Last edited by G Man; 11-19-2020 at 07:02 AM.
    G Man