See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Counting in Europe

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Counting in Europe

    Does anybody know, where you can still count in Europe?
    I'm sorry, if this was told at some place... but I could only find pretty old threads about this topic (not only in this forum).

    So.. reading from older threads (also at other forums) it seems that Poland offer shoe games with acceptable rules and low heat.
    Is that still like this in 2020? (Or maybe let's say 2019 because the corona virus could have changed things).

    What about other eastern countries (Hungary, Czech Republic etc.)? Maybe there are also playable games in other European countries?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member dalmatian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    62


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobbelaar View Post
    Does anybody know, where you can still count in Europe?
    I'm sorry, if this was told at some place... but I could only find pretty old threads about this topic (not only in this forum).

    So.. reading from older threads (also at other forums) it seems that Poland offer shoe games with acceptable rules and low heat.
    Is that still like this in 2020? (Or maybe let's say 2019 because the corona virus could have changed things).

    What about other eastern countries (Hungary, Czech Republic etc.)? Maybe there are also playable games in other European countries?

    Thanks
    Croatia/Slovenia/Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria/Northern Cyprus/Montenegro/Macedonia just Balkan area.

    Italy/San Marino/Monaco/France/Spain/Ireland/Isle of Man/United Kingdom/Germany/Poland/Czech Republic

    General theme is very low maximums, casinos spread out, and sweaty. Good luck.

  3. #3


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    And most games are ENHC, which is an additional 0.11% for the house.
    G Man

  4. #4


    1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    And most games are ENHC, which is an additional 0.11% for the house.
    For the non-counter!

    Don

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Melbourne.
    Posts
    706


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Many eastern bloc country casinos have ES10.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jabberwocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Agharta
    Posts
    1,833


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz84 View Post
    Many eastern bloc country casinos have ES10.
    With abysmal penetration and crowded conditions.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    279


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My claim to fame is that I played in Poland two or three years in a row. Thinking about it, that was probably 2005-6. At that time, yeah, there were acceptable rules. I played rooms that had early surrender. The conditions were not bad overall. I typically played heads up or at most with two other players. The best city was Warsaw just for the quantity of places to play. So, you just had to pay for a taxi to get to a casino with good rules if the one you initially chose was not that great. I had one really great short session at one Warsaw casino which offered under/over. It was evening and the place was dead. I had one other guy at my table. A large win in Polish money is a modest one in dollars. So, I was worried the entire time getting back via taxi to my hotel. Polish monthly salaries are at best $500. So, winning $1000 or more in an hour or less is a lot of money there.

    Rules definitely changed from the first year to the next. One room I played in Krakow went from ok to a waste of time the next year. Plus, the under/over bet was on its way out as it became more and more difficult to find. Overall, heat was low except for one of the main hotel casinos in Warsaw. The pit supervisor sat in a high chair to watch the game. I went late one night and the supervisor fell asleep while we were playing! lol! So, it is possible to see different parts of the country while playing blackjack part-time. If I remember correctly, I made more than enough my last trip to cover my airfare+. So, it was a fun trip with an extra benefit!

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Halbruno View Post
    My claim to fame is that I played in Poland two or three years in a row. Thinking about it, that was probably 2005-6. At that time, yeah, there were acceptable rules. I played rooms that had early surrender. The conditions were not bad overall. I typically played heads up or at most with two other players. The best city was Warsaw just for the quantity of places to play. So, you just had to pay for a taxi to get to a casino with good rules if the one you initially chose was not that great. I had one really great short session at one Warsaw casino which offered under/over. It was evening and the place was dead. I had one other guy at my table. A large win in Polish money is a modest one in dollars. So, I was worried the entire time getting back via taxi to my hotel. Polish monthly salaries are at best $500. So, winning $1000 or more in an hour or less is a lot of money there.

    Rules definitely changed from the first year to the next. One room I played in Krakow went from ok to a waste of time the next year. Plus, the under/over bet was on its way out as it became more and more difficult to find. Overall, heat was low except for one of the main hotel casinos in Warsaw. The pit supervisor sat in a high chair to watch the game. I went late one night and the supervisor fell asleep while we were playing! lol! So, it is possible to see different parts of the country while playing blackjack part-time. If I remember correctly, I made more than enough my last trip to cover my airfare+. So, it was a fun trip with an extra benefit!
    Thank you for that report!
    It was a good read, even being a bit dated!

Similar Threads

  1. Europe Casinos
    By qwerty27 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-19-2019, 04:12 AM
  2. Europe this time! Sorry! ;)
    By ferenc11 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 06:30 PM
  3. Europe game
    By skuner in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 10:10 PM
  4. Europe Blackjack
    By Dani in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 03:37 AM
  5. JFK jr: Best rules in Europe
    By JFK jr in forum International Scene
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 06:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.