See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 unit loss

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

100 unit loss

Hey everyone, just looking for some advice here as I'm feeling a little discouraged. Went to a local store yesterday, which was Saturday so it was pretty busy. I managed to find a seat at a DD table, $15 min, H17, DA2, DAS, cannot re-split aces, no surrender. The dealers were giving anywhere between 75%-80% penetration. I was using a 1-6 spread with my 2k session bankroll (10K total bankroll), $20 units. My bet ramp consisted of:

Zero and below: $15
    TC +1: $20 (1 unit)
    TC +2: $60 (3 units)
    TC + 3: $100 (Max at 5 units)

I managed to play 10 hours taking breaks in between and lost my session bankroll of $2000.00 I guess my question is, is this normal? Do you guys have any advice? I'm sure there were counting mistakes in my game as it got later in the day. I was using the Hi/Lo with the Ill 18 indices. I felt like I was just losing a majority of my max bets. Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks for any advice in advance!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    Hey everyone, just looking for some advice here as I'm feeling a little discouraged. Went to a local store yesterday, which was Saturday so it was pretty busy. I managed to find a seat at a DD table, $15 min, H17, DA2, DAS, cannot re-split aces, no surrender. The dealers were giving anywhere between 75%-80% penetration. I was using a 1-6 spread with my 2k session bankroll (10K total bankroll), $20 units. My bet ramp consisted of:c

I managed to play 10 hours taking breaks in between and lost my session bankroll of $2000.00 I guess my question is, is this normal? Do you guys have any advice? I'm sure there were counting mistakes in my game as it got later in the day. I was using the Hi/Lo with the Ill 18 indices. I felt like I was just losing a majority of my max bets. Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks for any advice in advance!
    It’s possible you were playing at a full table? Was the DD game hand shuffled? A yes to either might explain it.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yes, it was a full table (4 players) and it was not hand shuffled. If it matters, I was first base the entire time. Also, I read that the Hi/Lo is not a strong enough count for DD, would you recommend learning a stronger count?

Yes, it was a full table (4 players) and it was not hand shuffled. If it matters, I was first base the entire time. Also, I read that the Hi/Lo is not a strong enough count for DD, would you recommend learning a stronger count?
    Rurouni Kenshin overall greatest Anime of all time

Hey everyone, just looking for some advice here as I'm feeling a little discouraged. Went to a local store yesterday, which was Saturday so it was pretty busy. I managed to find a seat at a DD table, $15 min, H17, DA2, DAS, cannot re-split aces, no surrender. The dealers were giving anywhere between 75%-80% penetration. I was using a 1-6 spread with my 2k session bankroll (10K total bankroll), $20 units. My bet ramp consisted of:

Hi. That is very normal. I play 2×$500 and 20,000$ swings are normal for me. Shit happens. Get many as many hours in as you can. It will turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    Hi. That is very normal. I play 2×$500 and 20,000$ swings are normal for me. Shit happens. Get many as many hours in as you can. It will turn around.
    I note your other post. How many of those $20000 session swings did you actually experience. With your stated 80k, beginning bankroll, a single loss represents 25% of your bankroll. Hmm.

Thanks for the reply. At this point I'm just wondering, is DD beneficial or would back counting a 6 deck game, be??

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Dear FREIGHTMAN,

I know who you really are, and dont make me come to canada and seduce you when i have my sex change.

Dalmatian

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    Dear FREIGHTMAN,

I know who you really are, and dont make me come to canada and seduce you when i have my sex change.

Dalmatian
    Start that shit with me and I’ll tell you to Fuck off real quick. Even worse, you’ll no longer have the benefit of my significant insight.

DD is sketchy at a crowded table. More than 2 players.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

I havent checked the numbers, but im not crazy about the betting strategy, 10 hour sessions, or the spread considering it WAS a full table. Though im sure you have the edge, the Win Rate will be limited due to a full table..

If your playing a strong game, with good rules and conditions, 20 to 30 Max Bets is very common and a typical part of swings. In Practice over the last couple of years, the most ive lost is 50 to 60 Max Bets(apox. 30k hands) before things finally turned around.. Never the less a full table might be ideal for someone going live, due to the slower pace, as long as your proficient in the physical aspect of counting the cards, but not so much emphasis on the calculating aspect of the game...

You should prob. keep your bets more on a even and uniformed manner 20, 40, 80 etc.. It just makes it more enjoyable and manageable in this manner. Though you prob. still have an edge i would actually be more aggressive with the spread(not the strategy) when playing at a full table.. Besides theres less eyes on you when at a full table..

The bottom line is, is you should have a few different bet spreads and strategys in your pocket and know exactly which one to use depending on game and conditions that you may encounter..
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

I don’t play DD with more than 3 spots being played. I have won and prefer DD over 6 deck. I am suspicious of ASM’s. Hand shuffled DD are my favorite game.

The bottom line is, is you should have a few different bet spreads and strategys in your pocket and know exactly which one to use depending on game and conditions that you may encounter..
    Inconsistency, properly exercised, is your friend. Learn how to look bad (without being bad). Simulations are very logical in their construction, and the ability to sim on the fly is an asset. I literally change spreads shoe by shoe depending on the cut. When the cut is justified, I throw in variation of spread based on Floating Advantage. Learn proper basic and index play based on rule set. Take advantage of nuanced play and judgement. Of course, FBM ASC Advanced is a valuable tool.

Earlier today, I had the privilege of making several “bad” plays in a mostly negative type environment, utilizing limited spread. Today’s foray generated about $1200 to my personal relief fund on about 1.5 hours of play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast