• 25% of pre Covid play

2 9.52%
  • Zero %.

12 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre vs post Covid BJ play..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Don't feel bad. We didn't get a TV until I was in 6th grade. It was a 19 inch black and white TV. My Dad's sister won it and since they already had one they gave it to us.
    Surprised you were within range of any TV station transmitters.

For those of you like the old TV shows, see if you have a channel carrying MeTV. All they run are shows from the 50s through early 70s. I'm also watching the one season of Time Tunnel. It's airs once a week at something like 5 AM. A lot of scientific silliness, but still interesting. And then there's the original Star Trek, Hogan's Heroes, Green Acres (one MWP probably identifies with), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPloppy View Post
    You had two TVs in the early 1960s? If I knew how to create an emoji for jealous or envious, I would place one here. :-)
    Actually, three. One in the living room, one in our bedroom, and one in our parents' bedroom.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    one in our bedroom,
    A TV in you bedroom as a kid in the 60s? No winder you turned out the way you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    ive been trying for years to get a larger safety deposit box at the bank. Mine holds a paltry 55k.
    Looking up options for cash storage I noticed that storing cash in safe deposit box is often explicitly against bank policy and is not insured in any way. Is this a surprise to this audience or just another known risk? Is it advisable to find a bank that does not prohibit it (even though they should not know if that's what you are storing)? I have read stories about theft of valuables from boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by JBourne View Post
    Looking up options for cash storage I noticed that storing cash in safe deposit box is often explicitly against bank policy and is not insured in any way. Is this a surprise to this audience or just another known risk? Is it advisable to find a bank that does not prohibit it (even though they should not know if that's what you are storing)? I have read stories about theft of valuables from boxes.
    It's a case of don't ask, don't tell. I think you'll have trouble finding a bank that doesn't prohibit cash in their safe deposit boxes. As far as risk of theft, I consider it extremely unlikely. However, beware of private boxes from a non-bank. There was a problem (theft) with one such place in Vegas a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    It's a case of don't ask, don't tell. I think you'll have trouble finding a bank that doesn't prohibit cash in their safe deposit boxes. As far as risk of theft, I consider it extremely unlikely. However, beware of private boxes from a non-bank. There was a problem (theft) with one such place in Vegas a few years ago.
    There was indeed a problem in Vegas, and my recollection is that it was significant. As far as safes in the house (not those safes), I would suggest a model that bolts to the basement (concrete) floor. Other smaller safes can easily be hauled out of your house - broken into at leisure.

A TV in you bedroom as a kid in the 60s? No winder you turned out the way you did.
    I can't remember not having a TV in our bedroom. I remember watching Dave Garroway and J. Fred Muggs on the Today show before going to elementary school in the mid-'50s.

Don

Don - Just watched another excellent Twilight Zone epise - season 3, "once upon A Time," with Buster Keaton. Very whimsical and clever the way the part that took place in 1890 was done as a silent movie.

Don - Just watched another excellent Twilight Zone epise - season 3, "once upon A Time," with Buster Keaton. Very whimsical and clever the way the part that took place in 1890 was done as a silent movie.
    Just read the synopsis. although I surely saw it as the original back in 1961, I must admit that I don't remember this one.

Don

Now, THIS one, I remember!

Don

I don't see the entire episode on youtube, but here's a clip, Don:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx93mDiyqOM

Until the camera shows them dead in the courtyard, as I recall!

Don

My all time fav....remember like it was yesterday

https://youtu.be/Puo82y6MsBQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast