Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2020-2021 in the U.P.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Winter 2020-2021 in the U.P.

I know 21forme has been waiting for this so without further ado, here is the first arrival of accumulating snow in the U.P. Why would anyone not want to live in this water winter wonderland?

First Snow Oct 16 2020.JPG

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Time to crawl into your cave and sleep for 8 months?

That and waterspout tornadoes at the Mackinac Bridge....no thank you!!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Its been over a week since I last posted. I don't want 21forme to have withdrawal systems of missing out on whats happening in the U.P., so here is this weeks winter story.
    https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...owfall-record/

We are having a very weird winter. Very little snowfall so far, but enough for a white Christmas. I can never remember not having a white Christmas.

Ice skating on Portage Canal is almost unheard of, but not this year. Skate for miles. No sissy figure skates up here. Everyone wears hockey skates. This almost makes me want to put on my ice skates, but on second thought if I ever fell I doubt if I could ever get up again. It was hard enough to get up last winter when I fell.

Do a google search of this for more videos of this ice skating on Facebook.
    https://prosportsextra.com/residents...ghton-hancock/
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 12-21-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    We are having a very weird winter.
    You mean all 24 hours of it??!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    You mean all 24 hours of it??!!

Don
    Did you mean 300 days of it?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Did you mean 300 days of it?
    It IS a nice area once all of the snow has melted by September. Just make sure to leave before October.

I'm sure 21forme is jealous that he is missing out on all this fun. Well, probably no more ice skating on the lake as up to 16 inches of snow predicted in some U.P. areas for Christmas. There are 8 weather alerts in effect.
    https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...lake-chassell/
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 12-23-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Yes, I feel very deprived.

What are the 2 seasons of the UP?

Winter and July 4th.

Yes, we are having a very white Christmas after getting dumped on by about 10 inches of snow overnight. Still snowing lake effect pretty good. Just so 21forme doesn't miss out here is a web cam picture.
    https://webcams.mtu.edu/webcam15/webcam15.jpg

Last edited by Midwest Player; 12-24-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Another foot of snow over last couple of days.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast