Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonus Values on CVData

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bonus Values on CVData

Ok - so i set up the Spanish 21 bonuses and the first is the player 21 is an auto win. Used the screen field from the bonus panel that was used to generate the Canned Spanish 21 index. Anyhow specified 21 in the block for player's total and exited and ran the sim. The results were off a but - 13K/hr ev with a 500000 score. So after the sim results i checked the custom bonus panel and the players hand changed from 21 to combo1? Not sure what is happening but is there another step after defining the bonuses to save in the set-up before running the sim?

Thnka

Cohiba

actually - went back in and played around with it some more and i set the 21 field for an auto player win, exit the custom bonus field and click right back in and the value changes from 21 to combo1? not sure what is happening - i will say that BJ is a great game if every players hand automatically wins but i am trying to sim a game near me that actually exists.

Thanks in advance!

Cohiba

Blog Entries

Go to Tools-Export, create an export file and email it to [email protected].
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Bonus Question

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Go to Tools-Export, create an export file and email it to [email protected].
    Norm - thanks for the help. FYI - safety tip for anyone using the bonus feature of the CVData program - be sure to use the pull down menu (as opposed to typing in values) or bad things can happen!

The ? is want to confirm i set up right using the bonus feature - if using the Bonus screen for a payoff of 3:1 on a specific hand i would enter as 20:10?? Assume that the 1 to 1 payoff plus the 20:10 payoff is equivalent to the 3:1 payoff of the bonus hand.

Thanks

Cohiba - posted ? here as thought it mite be helpful to others.

Blog Entries

There are two ways of testing your settings for custom bonuses and side bets.

1. On the Nuances - Data tab, turn on Keep a log. This will log the first hundred thousand hands. In the results screen, click Tools-View Hands Log. You can click the Bonuses button to filter out all non-bonus hands.

2. On the Nuances - Debug tab, you can enter a specific sequence of cards to be dealt and the count. Turn on Debug and remember the burn cards. The simulator will just run that sequence and provide results.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks. My bonuses seem to be working. Used a modified show and multi-tracking setup to run a Spanish sim - started with spanish deck, east coast rules and flat betting using basic strategy to confirm i had everything set up right - anyhow flat better over 1B hands ended up with a +0.2 player edge as opposed to the -0.3% player edge that i was expecting. Any ideas what may be going on?

Cohiba

Blog Entries

Did you start with the Spanish 21 template? Go to Tools-Export, create a export file and email.

Here's a thought: an extra 0.5% for the player sounds like perhaps the player's 21 is beating a dealer's BJ... Check the hole card rules.

Dog Hand

Blog Entries

Looks like you are using double down rescue and an improved SP21 playing strategy. What are you comparing against?

@ norm/doghand - i set up the sim to run with the standard AC rules and the basic spanish strategy for the AC game. I tweaked some of the input and got a result of -.213 flat betting over a 1B hand sim. The published data for these rules, basic spanish strategy and flat betting should be more like -.38 so i am off by 0.167.

i wanted to obtain results that are consistent with published results to make sure i have the inputs set up correctly before entering the strategy and bet approaches i would like to analyze.

I noted in the base spanish setup that is loaded in CVData a possible error in that the additive box was checked for all of the stored bonus bets - i believe that this is not correct and contributed to the earlier results that were off by about 0.5%

wrt to the ? of a player 21 beating a dealer 21 - i set up the 21 auto win exactly as set up in the spanish template where any 21 beats any dealer hand. dont think this is a problem since a 2-card player 21 beats a dealer 21 and you never get to draw another card if a dealer has a blackjack - so anyhow if there is a way to ensure that the players 21 doesnt beat a dealers 21 i would be interested in what i need to do to set this up correctly.

happy i am getting closer but dont understand why my results are different from any other published source for rules i am using.

thanks for the comments above.

Cohiba

Blog Entries

Send me another export. What you sent me is not standard AC rules.

Blog Entries

Turn Additive back on as in the template. Turning it off disables many of the bonuses.

freq distribution ? - norm when i run a sim using the canned spanish template i get a symmetrical count distribution, when i enter my own tags for a count (enter by defining the playing strategy) i get huge asymetry in the count frequency - for example -1 is 29% vs +1 is 11% - any ideas? the asymetry persists for each of the counts.

thanks

Cohiba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast