See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Shanah tovah

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Shanah tovah

... to those celebrating the holiday this weekend.
    119734700_10160304681665744_1665712725361105107_o.jpg

Todah

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Todah
    How was dinner last night? At m6 house, if anyone left hungry, it was their own damned fault.

wtf? not understanding this post at all??

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by albee View Post
    wtf? not understanding this post at all??
    Post 1, it’s a shofar with a mask because of Covid. The shofar is blown at Rosh Hashana, second most important holiday in the Jewish Calendar. I think 21forme missed the mask, but he can confirm.

Post 2, Todah , is the Hebrew word for thank you.

Post 3, by me, references the feast that accompanies both the first and second night of the holiday. The dinners at my house are not as large as they have been in years gone by - it’s a lot of work and we’re getting older. We had 13 for dinner Friday night, and 8 last night. By the way, if you left our house hungry, that would be your own damned fault.

Post 4, by you - what the fuck is this all about, he asks. Now you know

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Post 1, it’s a shofar with a mask because of Covid. The shofar is blown at Rosh Hashana, second most important holiday in the Jewish Calendar. I think 21forme missed the mask, but he can confirm.

Post 2, Todah , is the Hebrew word for thank you.

Post 3, by me, references the feast that accompanies both the first and second night of the holiday. The dinners at my house are not as large as they have been in years gone by - it’s a lot of work and we’re getting older. We had 13 for dinner Friday night, and 8 last night. By the way, if you left our house hungry, that would be your own damned fault.

Post 4, by you - what the fuck is this all about, he asks. Now you know
    Regarding post 1 explanation, some gentiles believe that shofar is misspelled, and that blowing the chauffeur is an employee benefit at Jewish owned firms

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Regarding post 1 explanation, some gentiles believe that shofar is misspelled, and that blowing the chauffeur is an employee benefit at Jewish owned firms