See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the biggest hits by times of your Gambling Career? :)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    6 figs....thanks to a $97k hit on a $5 side bet....that's the good news, but I had to produce ID...then......"xyz, no more backjack for you here"
    Do you mind sharing what the side bet was? never heard of such high odds on a BJ side bet.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Do you mind sharing what the side bet was? never heard of such high odds on a BJ side bet.
    777 progressive....fyi, should only play when jackpot is >$112k - seen many places where it was exceeded by tens of thousands, $200k was largest ive seen - but, do play otherwise with extenuating circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by UNCBear4SJ View Post
    Actually "by time" doesn't indicate "single bet" at all. Of course a single bet takes the least amount of time, but there appears to be on boundary on the time.
    Just going by his own post in which he listed the multiple of the bet for each hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    6 figs....thanks to a $97k hit on a $5 side bet....that's the good news, but I had to produce ID...then......"xyz, no more backjack for you here"
    You'll pardon me for observing that $97,000 is five figures.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    You'll pardon me for observing that $97,000 is five figures.

Don
    You have to play BJ to make the side bet....the rest was playing BJ....but "technically" it wasn't 6 figs afterall as they taxed ~$25k

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Several instances of $30,000 for first place in tournaments for a $100 entry fee is my biggest payout to bet ratio. $25,000 for $250 would be my second highest. Many other smaller instances of the same situation. And yes, I was playing with an advantage in all cases.
    Gronbog,

You've never hit a Royal Flush at video poker? That's typically 800:1.

Dog Hand

I don't play much VP so I've never hit one in live play. I have hit one while playing the VPW software, but that doesn't count.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    if I'm allowed to go a little off the topic but not too much

in the early 80s when I was struggling paycheck to paycheck I worked for a small company that had an ESOP - (employee stock ownership plan) - this was a very big thing for a while - was supposed to make employees feel like they had a stake in the company

so anyway, they gave me 100 shares of an almost worthless stock - a penny stock

I quit that company and a few years later I got a letter in the mail - the company got bought out, swallowed by a much bigger company

the letter said that those shares were now worth $5,000

I almost lost consciousness.......................(-:\.............................back then, that was a lot of money to me and of course its' raw value was much greater than that sum in today's dollars

Along the same idea. In 2005, a relative of my wife put on a 50th anniversary gala for their family business, a very high end Jewellery operation. It was a large affair, not at all my cup of tea. However, the affair was in honour of his parents who had both recently passed away. It was an elegant and classy dedication to them. Only because of that, my wife and I went.

The event featured a major donation to the Cancer Society, as well as a raffle with all proceeds to them. I bought a $20 raffle ticket. I was surprised to learn that my ticket was drawn, and that I had won a pair of diamond earrings and matching ring, with a value of 5k.

My wife never really cared for this ring and earring set, and only wore them once. Last night, after dinner, my older son and his wife being the only ones remaining, we gave this set to my daughter in law.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Hmm, just before I sign off for a major Jewish holiday, I make note of the 2 posts immediately above.

I thought my post was rather straight forward with a further blurb relating to the Jewish contingent in this board. Of course, my post generated an unhelpful rating.

The post immediately below that which strongly intimates fucking 2 underage twin broads is classified as helpful.

Now, it’s good to see where our priorities lie, and the understanding of the ground rules resulting therein. If some of my fans would kindly Mark this as unhelpful, it would assist me in maintaining 2 negs per day. Thank you.

The girls were around 30.....my Friend and I were 17
    "Chance favours the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur
    "Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity" - Louis Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by Old, but not dead View Post
    The girls were around 30.....my Friend and I were 17
    That reminds me of Russell Brand's Dad hiring a 30 year old Hooker for his 17 year old Son. She did something REALLY shocking, raunchy, and inappropriate to him which would have been extremely scandolous to do a GROWN man, let alone some 17 year old boy! O.O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12