Thread: Dipping the toes in the water

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dipping the toes in the water

The current job is unstable so laying the ground work for future options.

Can anyone point me to a thread which shows a handful of AP's earnings through time (e.g. 500 / 1000 / 3000 / 5000 hours).

Willing and able to put in the 2-3 months of training. Sufficient bankroll for 1% RoR.

Thanks,
    Dueces

1% ROR?
    What games, what rules - what bankroll?
    Have you played before?
    2-3 months of training?
    Besides the technical aspects, how about comportment and survival skills.

Doesn’t quite work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    1% ROR?
    What games, what rules - what bankroll?
    Have you played before?
    2-3 months of training?
    Besides the technical aspects, how about comportment and survival skills.

Doesn’t quite work like that.
    Good questions.

BJ games that provide the most favorable edge. It is hypothetical right now but bankroll would be seeded via savings/investments. Ample coverage for $25 min with 1-8 (or 12) bet spread.

Amateur blackjack player utilizing basic strategy for the past 15 years.

What length of time do you think is reasonable to become an AP? I am critical of folks jumping in too quickly but also realize that dedication, ability, and commitment isn't a concern on my end.

Re comportment/survival skills: I am not sure one truly knows this until placed in the deep end. Until then, I use my investment track record as an analog which if repeated, would serve me well (composure, eliminating emotions, numbers driven, sticking to the investment policy statement, etc.).

I am still interested in graphs/charts/logs of folks results. Is that taboo to share?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Here is a poll on earnings per hour over the last 5 years. Results are all over the place.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...oll#post275553

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DuecesWild22 View Post

I am still interested in graphs/charts/logs of folks results. Is that taboo to share?
    Here is link to my good, the bad and the ugly. I don't play to make a living.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...rts#post280140

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Here is a poll on earnings per hour over the last 5 years. Results are all over the place.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...oll#post275553
    Thanks Midwest. Polls are notoriously tricky to decipher nor is the sample size large enough. Ideally it would have been built per bankroll size.

Appreciated the charts you made as it shows the true "random walk". I have tracked ALL gambling wagers I have made for the past 3 years (due to a close relative being concerned about my tendencies and knowing that most gamblers say they are winners when in fact they are losers). I witnessed the true random walk as well (high negative variance in Vegas) which cratered my returns but have since nicely recovered. This includes poker, sports betting, golf course, etc. Again ALL bets.

Back on topic, counting isn't gambling IMO but understanding the random walk is paramount.

I wish there were more folks willing to share graphs like you created. Particularly in that $100k+ BR zip code. Do various sources (BJ Apprentice) stated EV's of $300/hr+ truly exist these days. I would prefer to see real world examples before taking this too seriously.
    Last edited by DuecesWild22; 09-18-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuecesWild22 View Post
    I wish there were more folks willing to share graphs like you created. Particularly in that $100k+ BR zip code. Do various sources (BJ Apprentice) stated EV's of $300/hr+ truly exist these days. I would prefer to see real world examples before taking this too seriously.
    Ryemo is a professional blackjack player. Last year he posted a chart of his results from day one on this forum. I suggest you do a search for it. I believe it was towards the end of last year. I can't think of many others who posted a chart of their results.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Ryemo is a professional blackjack player. Last year he posted a chart of his results from day one on this forum. I suggest you do a search for it. I believe it was towards the end of last year. I can't think of many others who posted a chart of their results.
    Found it, thanks Midwest.