See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports picks

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Thanks for the picks guys, been awhile since ive been on the forum. Can you gain a legit edge betting sports? The info about road dogs is very interesting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan55 View Post
    Can you gain a legit edge betting sports?

dude:

it's certainly possible to get an edge betting sports but it's not by any means easy
    it's very, very different than blackjack where before Covid an AP could easily get more than 80 bets per hour at many stores
    although a sports bettor may have a larger edge, many would say they're lucky to find what they consider to be an average of one good bet per day
    there are some freaks who do well making a lot of bets with a small edge - something that is totally beyond my abilities and will
    it takes a lot of knowledge and insight - and patience - to be successful -
    Good Luck
    Last edited by drunk; 09-26-2020 at 01:11 AM.
    believe half of what you see...........and none of what you hear..............Edgar Allan Poe

Ok thanks for the info man. Rolling with those road dogs of more than 3 then? Seems to give a slight edge.

Blog Entries

will be plunging on the 2nd fave in the Preakness today - Art Collector- morning line 5/2 - will be betting to show unless crushed down in the odds
    most think of show as a wimpy bet - and it is - but I like having a margin of error
    show fairly often pays more than it should on low price horses on these huge event days with all the once in a blue moon punters creating inefficient markets in the secondary pools
    in the Derby Tiz the Law paid as much to place ($3.40) and almost as much to show ($3.20) as he would have paid if he had won - his win odds were $.70/1
    if the fave - Authentic - has a bad day and runs out of the money the payouts in the secondary pools will be jacked up
    the fave, Authentic, is tough, no doubt about it - he's a frontrunner - but his times for the last 2 furlongs have not been impressive - if a rabbit or 2 duels for the lead with him it might cause him to tire late

a filly - Swiss Skydiver, is running and she's pretty tough
    in 2009 Rachel Alexandra became the first filly in 85 years to win the Preakness
    fillies are fairly often just as fast as colts - the fastest Beyer speed figure by a 3 year old this year is from the filly Gamine
    but they often get intimidated by the colts who are physically bigger
    Last edited by drunk; 10-03-2020 at 05:24 AM.
    believe half of what you see...........and none of what you hear..............Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post

a filly - Swiss Skydiver, is running and she's pretty tough
    in 2009 Rachel Alexandra became the first filly in 85 years to win the Preakness
    fillies are fairly often just as fast as colts - the fastest Beyer speed figure by a 3 year old this year is from the filly Gamine
    but they often get intimidated by the colts who are physically bigger
    Nice call here....she had the 2nd fastest Preakness time (Secretariat)..even after "slow" 1st quarter

taking Cardinals -3 tomorrow if D-Hop plays

Blog Entries

Eagles Malik Jackson's cheating move celebrated on social media
    cheating - it's the American way

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-05-2020/1CYd7L.gif

https://brobible.com/sports/article/eagles-malik-jackson-cheating-moving-ball/

Blog Entries

looking for Lebron, Davis to reassert themselves tonight

taking Lakers - $75 on moneyline at - -290 (Circa Sports) to win $25.86

will put $25 on Lakers - 7 (Circa Sports) to win $22.72

will either win $48.58 (almost 1/2)

or win $.86

or lose $100

not a plunge, just an action bet
    Last edited by drunk; 10-06-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Rams/Washington..........................under 46

looking for Lebron, Davis to reassert themselves tonight

taking Lakers - $75 on moneyline at - -290 (Circa Sports) to win $25.86

will put $25 on Lakers - 7 (Circa Sports) to win $22.72

will either win $48.58 (almost 1/2)

or win $.86

or lose $100

not a plunge, just an action bet

Chasing hot dog money will always get you in trouble. Hero drains 3 point 1.1 seconds to play. I use to know a couple of bridge jumpers they are no longer around. They could not get enough of betting a team with a minus sign in front.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Eagle View Post
    Chasing hot dog money will always get you in trouble. Hero drains 3 point 1.1 seconds to play. I use to know a couple of bridge jumpers they are no longer around. They could not get enough of betting a team with a minus sign in front.

don't know what you're talking about - the Lakers won
    this was game 4 - look at the date of my post - 10/6
    the bet won - a tiny amount - due to the moneyline portion - it was a hedge - the moneyline portion saved me from losing $100
    the Lakers covered in game 6 - won by 13 - the spread was 5.5 - I didn't pick it

if you're saying you should never bet a fave - sorry - I don't buy it - dogs are generally a better bet - but not every time

note..............last season you made a snarky post suggesting we would all lose - before I stopped picking - I went:

.................................................. ...

Final total:

17-8-1...............................68% winners not including the push

.................................................. ..........31% ROI not including the push
    Last edited by drunk; 10-12-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast