See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports picks

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I may be letting my local enthusiasm get in the way of a smart pick, but I do live in Cascadia and I do not have confidence in Cam Newton. Russel Wilson has an excellent shot at the MVP this year if he stays healthy.

pick - Seahawks

Ps. - Since I am a Seahawks fan, I never actually bet Seahawks games, since my analysis can get muddled by hope, but I really do like the 'Hawks this year.
    "Chance favours the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur
    "Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity" - Louis Pasteur

After a down to the wire cover for the 'Hawks last night, pick for tonight is the over. Offences seem to be out playing defenses with no preseason games.

Raiders vs. Saints

Pick - Over
    "Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity" - Louis Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by Old, but not dead View Post
    After a down to the wire cover for the 'Hawks last night, pick for tonight is the over. Offences seem to be out playing defenses with no preseason games.

Raiders vs. Saints

Pick - Over
    Suggestion: when you post picks such as this one, give a reference number for a widely quoted line, such as 48.5, so that people will be able to "grade" your results.

Don

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old, but not dead View Post

Raiders vs. Saints

Pick - Over

nice couple of calls dude - keep postin' - keep givin' away that free money...........(-:\

at the end of the season we'll show our gratitude by nominating you for BJTF MVP 2020
    believe half of what you see...........and none of what you hear..............Edgar Allan Poe

[QUOTE=drunk;291791]nice couple of calls dude - keep postin' - keep givin' away that free money...........(-:\

Thanks Drunk

I think this week will be about injuries. Back-ups and even practice squad players will see a lot of play this week. Little injuries become much worse without a preseason to play into game shape. Look for value on teams with a deep roster.

Thursday night games are usually the worst of the week, and this week is a stinker. Two teams no one cares about (unless you live in Florida) playing on a short week. The short week gives the home team an advantage, even if their opponents are only travelling within the same state. Add the extra Covid precautions for travel, meetings and practice and the Dolphins will not have much time to implement a game plan. Of course this is when Fitzpatrick often plays his best, slinging away with no game plan. If you believe in Fitzmagic take the Fins, but I am going with the Jaguars.

Pick - Jaguars (-3)

Denver to Beat LA. Fuck lakersHeat to be celtics

I am so disgusted with the REFs controlling the game....2 incidents at SoFi (aka, saucer)....damn refs must be from outter space

that call on OPI on Hansy Ramsey was pathetic....I am the first to admit that there is so much egregious pushing off in the NFL, my pet peeve, but that was merely hand chucking....instigated by Hansy.....he's not known as Hansy for his INTs, either, garnering 10 in 63 games....I know it's near Hollywood, he deserved an Oscar for that sell .. c'mon man....you can't call that....I see no less then 10 OPI where they push off the body - shoulder, chest, etc, but he pushed handsy's hand off of him and Handsy threw his head back

must be something about SoFi, saucer world with these PATHETIC REFs as that call was WAY OUTDONE by the ABYSMAL non-call in the Chargers/Cheifs game this past weekend....Chiefs down 8, Tyreek catches the TD in the endzone, then proceeds to remove his helmet in the endzone RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF.....THAT IS A FUCKING PERSONAL FOUL that, of course, can be taken on the 2 pt attempt....which, obviously the Chargers would have taken....HOW DO YOU MISS THAT CALL YOU PATHETIC NFL????...all scoring plays are reviewed, too....WHERE THE FUCK IS NY???....there should be a class action suit against the NFL for being INCOMPETENT!!!!!

... and for the record, I didn't have anything on the KC/Chargers game....just hate to see that BLATANT INCOMPETENCE!!!!

anyways, I didn't post last week as I am having much more fun and success 'day trading' the NFL....as an example, while the Boyz ended up a +1 by game time, they fell behind by 7 on a Rams TD early....they were getting 7 points at point on the live action....since it seems the I fancy road favs (Ravens last week, but never fell behind - which is the risk you take)....but I have found more success 'laying in the weeds' on my team and betting, or not as the game progresses

that's why I quit posting last year as I just daytraded games.....the best was in the AFC Championship game where the Texans were up by 24....I, literally, thought to myself...THERE IS NO WAY THE AFC SOUTH IS DETERMINING THE AFC TEAM (the Titans had already beat the Ravens the previous day)....I can't remember exactly what moneyline I got on KC, but it was easy money

ok...after ranting all that....my play this week is also JAGS at home as I jumped it at -2.5....can't understand this line for the life of me....Minschew magic is completing like 75% and they are running wild, too....Fins giving up like 160 on the ground, 400 overall/game...this shouldn't be close....hope I didn't jinx you man

I just checked...KC was +220 to win the game when down 24...I thought it was higher, but still...no way Texans/Titans AFC championship game, imo....esp w/ MaHomeboy

1 interception, 1 fumble lost, 3 turnovers on downs = loss for the Jags Thursday night

Fitzpatrick had some magic last night, throwing as many TD's as incomplete passes. That is the danger of betting against the ultimate NFL journeyman. He can be a Hero at times, and an interception waiting to happen at others.

My Sunday pick is Falcons (-3)

Dan Quinn's job is on the line, and he may well be fired if the Falcons don't win. Let's see how the locker room responds, but I think the team will pull together to save their coach's job.

If you like the Bears, I would go with the money line (Bears +155) instead of the point spread, as I don't see this game being a 1 or 2 point game. I think Dan Quinn will take some chances to try and save his job, which will result in a big win for Atlanta, or a straight up win for the Bears.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast