See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Sports picks

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is how I bet the Steelers Titans game on 11/2/23.

For some reason a $250 free bet showed up in one of my online blackjack sites. Then I looked at the game lines and really didn't know what to bet. I then looked at the "points for" each team for the last 7 games and the combined average was 35. The over/under for the game was at 37. I bet the under with my free bet and the game total came in at 36 and I won the bet. That is all I did.

Oh, by the way I went to one of my other blackjack sites where I had a 50% profit boost but only a $10 max bet. I bet the other side (the over) so I would at least win something on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post

For some reason a $250 free bet showed up in one of my online blackjack sites. Then I looked at the game lines and really didn't know what to bet. I then looked at the "points for" each team for the last 7 games and the combined average was 35. The over/under for the game was at 37. I bet the under with my free bet and the game total came in at 36 and I won the bet. That is all I did.

Oh, by the way I went to one of my other blackjack sites where I had a 50% profit boost but only a $10 max bet. I bet the other side (the over) so I would at least win something on the game.
    That was one ugly game. This week I am sending it in on Seattle. Taking moneyline +220 and spread +6.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post

That's a terrible use of free bets.

Quote Originally Posted by tomf23 View Post
    That's a terrible use of free bets.
    How would you do it?

there has been a great increase in the legality of sports betting in the last few years

and the legal U.S. books are offering generous bonuses and promotions to attract bettors and to try to outdo their competitors

I believe it's actually pretty easy right now to be profitable - for anyone with the discipline to limit himself to bets where he is being offered some kind of incentive

there are so many of these offers from so many different legal books (legal in many or most states anyway)

arbitrage can also be a useful winning strategy

of course sooner or later if you're just milking them they will cut off or greatly reduce the incentives - but that may take quite a while

and of course most bettors will not have the discipline to limit themselves and will over bet and lose anyway - despite all of the free play

there is a lot of discussion about this and some useful info being posted at other gambling websites

Last edited by drunk; 12-01-2023 at 08:14 AM.
    Please don't feed the trolls

not often in sports betting you get FREE equity...as if anything is ever really FREE....anyways....TAKE LOUISVILLE +105 moneyline vs FSU and back it up with FSU +3000 winning the whole enchilada....yes, nat champs.....of course, won't win it all....but could see beating either mich, or wash in one game....anything can and does happen....look at last night's pac 12 game....team underdog by 10 wins outright by 3...sayin

of course, the only way you lose is if FSU and Louis tie....

so we're clear...i actually like Louis today....but, say, put a G on Louis....then if FSU wins you're sitting w/ $30k equity in 4 team tourney.....so you lay off (moneyline)

or you lose if every f'in pundit on earth is wrong and FSU wins and doesn't get into tourney.....unlikely if undefeated

the playoff picture is more complicated now since Alabama beat Georgia
    Alabama, Georgia, and Texas have one loss
    Michigan, Washington and Florida State are undefeated
    there is some speculation that Florida State could be left out even though they are undefeated
    who will get picked will be announced today at noon
    will feel very rough for the 2 who don't get picked

If Florida State is left out it will be the first time ever that an undefeated Power Five Champion has been passed over

Last edited by drunk; 12-03-2023 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    the playoff picture is more complicated now since Alabama beat Georgia
    Alabama, Georgia, and Texas have one loss
    Michigan, Washington and Florida State are undefeated
    there is some speculation that Florida State could be left out even though they are undefeated
    who will get picked will be announced today at noon
    will feel very rough for the 2 who don't get picked

If Florida State is left out it will be the first time ever that an undefeated Power Five Champion has been passed over

agreed...they're not one of the best 4....let's see if the committee has any ***** and I lose my bet.....stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    agreed...they're not one of the best 4....let's see if the committee has any ***** and I lose my bet.....stay tuned

the ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips is very unhappy about FSU not getting in
    he said:
    "Their exclusion calls into question the selection process and whether the Committee's own guidelines were followed.
    Florida State deserved better.
    College football deserved better."

FSU consolation prize - beating Georgia in the Orange Bowl__________________(-:\

I'd love to see FSU play only their 2nd stringers in the Orange Bowl as a way of giving the finger to the Committee - but that won't happen

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...otball-playoff

"FSU consolation prize - beating Georgia in the Orange Bowl."

FSU will get buried by Georgia.

Don

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast