See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports picks

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Sports picks

Hey,
    So I said I would make picks....Gonna have to wait some weeks till I scout. Can’t wait really. Haha. Made picks early last season and paid. Even though I made the most in a season last year.

Brick

Drunk are you still in with me? Sharky? Any other decent pickers out there?
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 09-13-2020 at 08:41 AM.

The LA Rams look to christen their new stadium, Sofi - aka the "Saucer" - which, anyone flying into LAX knows why - but the COWBOYS, under new headcoach McCarthy, will be more disruptive then the Cali wildfires....take the better roster, the BOYZ -2 for this week's play.

Good luck,

Sharky

Where does the NFL teams get their money to play football when there is "No in person attendance".

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    they still get revenue from commercial advertising which is a gigantic amount
    the NFL is very well managed - at least re their finances - and they can afford to take a hit - at least for one season

the franchise owners are the ones who will take the biggest hit
    many of them are billionaires and they can afford it too

who is going to cry for a billionaire whose net worth drops from $10 billion to $9.9 billion?
    not me
    Oh, I almost forgot the billionaires got richer during the pandemic and the poors got poorer. FYI: most NFL owners doesn't have 10 billion dollars in net worth according to my research. Jerry Jones have a net worth of 8.4 billion and the richest NFL owner, David Tepper, who owns the Carolina Panther have a net worth of 12 billion.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 09-13-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Omg...evedyone floating my play...Dallas +1

Do you think that there will be people in attendance for this year's Superbowl? My experience at the SuperBowl was it's hard to get out even with private jets because there are a lot of rich people there.

It's going to be in a state (FL) with a stupid and reckless governor, so yes.

I may be letting my local enthusiasm get in the way of a smart pick, but I do live in Cascadia and I do not have confidence in Cam Newton. Russel Wilson has an excellent shot at the MVP this year if he stays healthy.

pick - Seahawks

Ps. - Since I am a Seahawks fan, I never actually bet Seahawks games, since my analysis can get muddled by hope, but I really do like the 'Hawks this year.
    "Chance favours the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur
    "Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity" - Louis Pasteur

After a down to the wire cover for the 'Hawks last night, pick for tonight is the over. Offences seem to be out playing defenses with no preseason games.

Raiders vs. Saints

Pick - Over
    "Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity" - Louis Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by Old, but not dead View Post
    After a down to the wire cover for the 'Hawks last night, pick for tonight is the over. Offences seem to be out playing defenses with no preseason games.

Raiders vs. Saints

Pick - Over
    Suggestion: when you post picks such as this one, give a reference number for a widely quoted line, such as 48.5, so that people will be able to "grade" your results.

Don

[QUOTE=drunk;291791]nice couple of calls dude - keep postin' - keep givin' away that free money...........(-:\

Thanks Drunk

I think this week will be about injuries. Back-ups and even practice squad players will see a lot of play this week. Little injuries become much worse without a preseason to play into game shape. Look for value on teams with a deep roster.

Thursday night games are usually the worst of the week, and this week is a stinker. Two teams no one cares about (unless you live in Florida) playing on a short week. The short week gives the home team an advantage, even if their opponents are only travelling within the same state. Add the extra Covid precautions for travel, meetings and practice and the Dolphins will not have much time to implement a game plan. Of course this is when Fitzpatrick often plays his best, slinging away with no game plan. If you believe in Fitzmagic take the Fins, but I am going with the Jaguars.

Pick - Jaguars (-3)

Denver to Beat LA. Fuck lakersHeat to be celtics

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast