See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FBM ASC Basic and Advanced - Outline, by request

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Don and I have been tirelessly corresponding on final versions to include. He may deny that point, but only because he is shy.
    For the record, I deny that point!

Don

I said single deck to put it into perspective, as the concept of one deck is easier to understand, but I put all of the 6 deck combinations in there. Simply working to quick. Mr. Bugatti man didn’t catch it.

As for the FBM ASC in BJA4, the BSST is a new medical phenomenon which stimulates neural pathways.

Don and I have been tirelessly corresponding on final versions to include. He may deny that point, but only because he is shy.
    The “Ball” stuff is vital to the BSST.
    What is BSST? (No joke, I just have trouble with many English abbreviations; maybe it was explained before somewhere in the forum).

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    For the record, I deny that point!

Don
    What did I tell you

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    What is BSST? (No joke, I just have trouble with many English abbreviations; maybe it was explained before somewhere in the forum).
    Somewhere in the maze of info on the subject, I referred to proper execution of the FBM ASC. I described proper attire including boxer shirts and holes in pockets as well digital count method of tracking ace by ace. Included in that vivid description was discreet hand withdrawl and further, discreetly passing fingers under nostrils.

BSST, abbreviation for Ball Scent Sniffing Technique Describes the procedure which increases arterial blood flow, thus stimulating neural pathways leading to increased decision making speed. This skill set enhances the power of FBM ASC Advanced with dual ramp system.

...BSST, abbreviation for Ball Scent Sniffing Technique....
    Def BJA4 material...can't wait...pre-ordered

ROTFLMFAO

Somewhere in the maze of info on the subject, I referred to proper execution of the FBM ASC. I described proper attire including boxer shirts and holes in pockets as well digital count method of tracking ace by ace. Included in that vivid description was discreet hand withdrawl and further, discreetly passing fingers under nostrils.

BSST, abbreviation for Ball Scent Sniffing Technique Describes the procedure which increases arterial blood flow, thus stimulating neural pathways leading to increased decision making speed. This skill set enhances the power of FBM ASC Advanced with dual ramp system.
    Ah yes, now I remember there was something with the pockets. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Haha...that's a good one...obviously, the more info we garner the better decisions we can make, but at what cost/benefit???

For the record, if this sys is recommended in BJA4....i WILL EAT THE BOOK
    Would you prefer ketchup or gravy?

At 21forme’s request, a general outline of the FBM ASC Basic and Advanced (Featuring Dual Ramp System) is shown below. Initial info is somewhat elementary, but is shown to demo general thought progression. I promised a min 100 line discussion, which I might have made given more time. I preferred to be more compact in comments.

What is Basic Strategy
    1 billion card sim accounting for all possible card combinations to arrive at a single playing strategy designed to minimize losses.

What is Card Counting
    Keeping track of whether a deck is rich or poor in high versus low cards. Method is to maintain a running count. Utilizing an Ace Reckoned system, running count is then converted to true count. The resulting True Count then determines appropriate bet based on factors of player bankroll, rule set, deck pen, tolerance to risk etc. This strategy, used properly will produce a long term win over the house.

What is Index Strategy
    1 billion or more card sim to arrive at multiple playing strategies, each strategy dependant upon actual True Count. Each individual true count has its own “basic“ strategy, of which many of these individual true counts vary from Basic Strategy. These individual basic (if you will) strategies are referred to as indices. This strategy, used properly in conjunction with card counting, will increase profits an additional 20-30% over the house.

What is Ace Reckoned True Count
    In a balanced count, assigned tag values produce a running count. Running Count divided by Decks Remaning equals True Count.
    RC/DR=TC

How does ASC help in an Ace Reckoned System
    Not for betting - primarily for Insurance where thresholds may be adjusted up or down based on Ace surplus/deficit, and certain ace sensitive split and double decisions. FBM ASC Basic incorporates ASC.

What is Quality of True Count (use hi lo to most easily describe)
    My own twist. Card Counting Systems measure ratio of hi to low cards. Little attention is paid to intermediate cards. Simulations do not distinguish the impact of intermediate density on results - they are simply a part of the whole. Quality of True Count, aka QTC, measures the ratio of high to intermediate to low cards. That ratio determines QTC and impacts betting levels. Essentially 5 card group (10,J,Q,K,A) is measured against 4 card group (6,7,8,9l and (2,3,4,5). Resulting proportions determine which ramp you should be on. Intermediates are tracked utilizing a letter system.

How does QTC affect betting in a standard ramp strategy
    A typical ramp would see betting decrease or increase at designated True Counts depending on QTC.

How does QTC affect betting strategies utilizing a dual ramp system
    Assume 6 deck shoe.
    1. Determine ramp required to beat based on rules and deck pen.
    2. Redo ramp based on what you think you can get away with.
    3. Temper upper ramp if required (usually is) to max house tolerance.
    Illustration
    $25-$200,$250,$300
    $50-$400,$500,$600
    Using mid ramp as an example, do not misconstrue as 20-1 spread, rather as 2 distinctly individual 10-1 spreads. Typical dual ramp systems simply alternate ramps by individual shoes. You are still subject to the same percentage issues pertaining to positive and negative variance. FBM ASC Advanced with Dual Ramp System incorporates both ramps within the same shoe, usually determined by QTC. Deviations from this happen, at players discretion, in lower plus true counts usually in first part of shoe. Consider impact on longevity when increasing bet (lower to upper ramp) on a declining count. Can anyone determine FBM ASC Advanced underlying theory?

Importance of Record Keeping
    Will determine if you’re okay with a simple ramp type system, or if you would benefit from a dual ramp scenario. Consider factors such as Dollar win/loss per session, percentage win, overall dollar win measured against sim. Other factors such as strength of bankroll need to be considered. I would suggest that only the most savvy of you can figure out the type of impacts one would experience utilizing dual ramp. To assist, review your current win loss stats against simmed EV, manipulate your win loss percentages against revised dollar win losses. I’ve built quite a collection of these calculations with the revised percentage cumulative win/loss and its effect on revised cumulative dollar win/loss calculated against revised dollar win/loss per session. Can anyone articulate underlying theory that propels overall results, and in general, what those results are?

Concepts developed over a period of years conceived by actual results, asking questions, developing for my own count system and understanding ideas of others that most of you have relegated to the junk pile - discarded due to lack of understanding.

If you want to expand your paradigms, reread a couple of times and ask away. Consider the possibility that the bullshit was not bullshit.
    The board has been slow, so what the hell.

No one picked up the gauntlet, which means no one read deep enough to pick up the clues of the non counter intuitive approach. Years of records of session by session play picked up what I construed as a weakness in my game, despite the fact I was achieving, or close to achieving on a year by year basis, simmed EV.

Regardless, in any event, below is a quick down and dirty 60 day summary of progress on unprecedented Guinness pace record of 2 per day average of negative votes. Granted, I confess to certain post constructions which contributed to this record pace.

July 16 564/941 equates to 377 negative votes - baseline
    Sept 14 581/1079 equates to 498 negative votes - a growth of 121 votes over 60 days averaging 2.0166 neg votes per day. For every positive vote, an impressive 7.12 negative votes are cast.

The significance of this achievement cannot be measured. I have reminded Norm a few times to name my 2 most ardent supporters, however, he has been clearly too busy to answer.

So, with thanks to hashem as well as the intellectual Neanderthals, asswipes, douchebags who have contributed to my success, I thank you.

Of course, there’s always the possibility that I don’t know what I’m talking about. Snarky can work out those odds.

Blog Entries

Since you are repeating this, I'll repeat that simulations do distinguish the impact of intermediate density on results.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Since you are repeating this, I'll repeat that simulations do distinguish the impact of intermediate density on results.
    Did I say they didn’t?

Seems to me I said
    “Card Counting Systems measure ratio of hi to low cards. Little attention is paid to intermediate cards. Simulations do not distinguish the impact of intermediate density on results - they are simply a part of the whole”, magic words being - DISTINGUISH the IMPACT - an entirely different meaning than your comment.

In other words, a comment, and I agree, that blindly following true counts to determine betting levels will in fact, over the long term with a competent individual, produce results in line with simulations. If one cares to read between the lines, the corollary is, provided that intermediate density results can be differentiated by True Count, and manipulated, that QTC (Quality of True Count) can improve on those results. I truly wonder why that is such a difficult concept to understand.

Now, the gauntlet was laid, the clues were and still are all there, though perhaps difficult to see , and it would seem that there are no takers.

Blog Entries

They are more than a part of the whole. I just want to make it clear that they are not ignored in the calculation of indices or betting. The fact that they have zero tag values does not mean that their placement within the shoe is not taken into account.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    They are more than a part of the whole. I just want to make it clear that they are not ignored in the calculation of indices or betting. The fact that they have zero tag values does not mean that their placement within the shoe is not taken into account.
    Seems to me that I didn’t say that either. That being said - are not certain indices “negotiable” to their strike point or RA value?

Seems to me that I didn’t say that either. That being said - are not certain indices “negotiable” to their strike point or RA value?
    And is that Negotiable aspect tied to the density of certain card values, or depending on situation, tied to the density Of particular card groupings?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast