See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion of Blackjack Apprenticeship?

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    To me counting down the deck in 16 seconds or 30 or 30 is meaningless. It’s like the idiots on car forums that argue about their car doing 0-60 in 3.2 or 3.8 or 5 seconds. It’s got nothing to do with real life.

I never ever tried to track my speed. Just practiced a bit when, in my initial tries, I would take too long and the dealer picked up the cards fast but I adjusted by starting to count as cards were dealt. On occasion, I ran into a fast dealer and I would leave that table. Then, I learned how to slow down fast dealers.
    but this skill is important for the longevity of AP.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    To me counting down the deck in 16 seconds or 30 or 30 is meaningless. It’s like the idiots on car forums that argue about their car doing 0-60 in 3.2 or 3.8 or 5 seconds. It’s got nothing to do with real life.

I never ever tried to track my speed. Just practiced a bit when, in my initial tries, I would take too long and the dealer picked up the cards fast but I adjusted by starting to count as cards were dealt. On occasion, I ran into a fast dealer and I would leave that table. Then, I learned how to slow down fast dealers.
    You start off by saying it has nothing to do with real life and end by saying you can't do that thing in real life. The last thing a competent player would ever want to do is slow down a fast dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    but this skill is important for the longevity of AP.
    No it isn’t. Short sessions, bet spread and other stuff is more important. I am also certain that you can count faster with level 1 count and no side counts over other counts such as level 2 or 3 counts along with side counts. If it mattered, people would not use higher level counts.

I don’t believe a difference of 6-8-10 seconds matters too much.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by umbrellaman View Post
    You start off by saying it has nothing to do with real life and end by saying you can't do that thing in real life. The last thing a competent player would ever want to do is slow down a fast dealer.
    Totally agree. That will cause hostile environment.

Banned or Suspended

No it isn’t. Short sessions, bet spread and other stuff is more important. I am also certain that you can count faster with level 1 count and no side counts over other counts such as level 2 or 3 counts along with side counts. If it mattered, people would not use higher level counts.

I don’t believe a difference of 6-8-10 seconds matters too much.
    I haven’t tried any level 2 counting system. I am only focusing on Hilo.

That will cause hostile environment.
    You'll make less money.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Sounds like you have been networking with Midwest Player. Skelly it is just a private joke with MWP.
    I don't know of anyone called Midwest Player. What are you referring to when you say "it is just a private joke..."?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    I don't know of anyone called Midwest Player. What are you referring to when you say "it is just a private joke..."?
    Skelly, Midwest Player is a veteran member of the site who has posted here for many years. Regarding the joke which was directed at him is that sometimes he is overly conservative financially regarding his expenditures related to blackjack knowledge. You made me think of him when you wrote in post #132:

"I haven't read his book yet - partially because I'm still absorbing the books I already own, and because I'm cheap as a card counter and won't buy it until the price drops or I can get it used/free."

That above quote describes MWP perfectly. He has waited now at least ten years to purchase Don S third book which I consider to be penny wise and pound foolish. Now since you brought it up again I have no idea if you are an active player or not, but, if you are I would re-think about your above quote. Nothing personal to you. MWP and I have argued about politics at times.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Skelly, Midwest Player is a veteran member of the site who has posted here for many years. Regarding the joke which was directed at him is that sometimes he is overly conservative financially regarding his expenditures related to blackjack knowledge. You made me think of him when you wrote in post #132:

"I haven't read his book yet - partially because I'm still absorbing the books I already own, and because I'm cheap as a card counter and won't buy it until the price drops or I can get it used/free."

That above quote describes MWP perfectly. He has waited now at least ten years to purchase Don S third book which I consider to be penny wise and pound foolish. Now since you brought it up again I have no idea if you are an active player or not, but, if you are I would re-think about your above quote. Nothing personal to you. MWP and I have argued about politics at times.
    You clarified yourself very well while I was confused by what you said earlier. Clearly you have an impression about everybody’s play levels and skills. Some people may be skilled but would never risk big gambling, while others may have won millions from blackjack. My impression is that Freightman is a high roller here. Is this impression correct? Politically I feel you are pro conservative, is this correct?
    Last edited by aceside; 01-27-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Politically I feel you are pro conservative, is this correct

No politics.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    No politics.
    I received a lot of dislikes but I really want likes. What is the problem other than politics?

My impression is that Freightman is a high roller here. Is this impression correct?
    For this site and on most all sites yes Freightman is considered a high roller, although that term is very subjective. However, I think that the freighter gaming career is winding down considerably now, as he is more consumed with seeing family which is smart. Speaking of freighter, I have been a little worried about him and if there are health concerns affecting him. He has not been around the site for a while now. I hope you are okay Freightman.

I hope you are okay Freightman.
    I also hope so.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast