Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
You are way off.
First, defining what a "PRO" is is discussing semantics.
Who the hell cares what your definition (or anybody elses for that matter) of a pro is?
Sounds to me you want to be labeled a "Pro" and you are bothered by the fact that other people are trying to label themselves under your same category.
A completely irrelevant and pointless discussion.

Second, you dont have the slightest clue about how many "pros" are coming from BJA. Neither do I. Nor do you have any idea of the value people participating from those courses are getting for their $2000 investment.

You may like Colin or BJA or not, but calling it a rip off is just nonsense. The guy knows the trade and is more than capable to teach it to others. Whether you consider it to be expensive or not is a subjective matter and theres a big difference between something expensive and a "rip off".

And by the way, I know players that learned the game with BJA. all of them are doing very well and have nothing bad to say about colin or bja.
Way off?
Yes YOU ARE way off!

I don't feel any needs to be labelled a "pro" ... what's the point?

What I'm saying is that a "pro" being in Blackjack, Tennis, Hockey, etc. derives is main revenue from PLAYING THE GAME FOR A LIVING.

Winning a chess tournament on top of 125 players in 1994 doesn't make one a Professional chess player. Being "in the money" many times a year and living from it IS being a Pro chess player.
Being retired from work and getting a monthly pension while playing Blackjack for a net win of $8,000/year does not qualify as a Pro BJ player unless you can live like an homeless with $8,000 a year. This, no matter how good or knowledgeable one is.

And finally, I have absolutely no reason to like or dislike Collin, I don't know him. However, anybody who charges people $2000 for a weekend of "learning" is a fraud. It could be Schlesinger, Snyder, Chang or anyone else. I can tell you one thing I would bet a lot of money on: None of the three I mentioned would ever be pretentious enough to do so.

EDIT:
I will add, if Collin is worth $2000 for a weekend, those three I have mentioned should at least charged $10,000