See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion of Blackjack Apprenticeship?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    No minimum wage job exists in AP but for the limits of the player. One can make a huge amount of money counting cards or almost nothing. Same with other forms of AP.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Well, then you guys can make chump change while we make mucho banko.

P.S. My above post, that so far, has received a 1 of 3 helpful post wasn't meant to be helpful. It was meant to be truthful!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    Counting cards at blackjack is the minimum wage job an AP can have.
    P.S. My above post, that so far, has received a 1 of 3 helpful post wasn't meant to be helpful. It was meant to be truthful!
    Your first quote was not truthful the way it was written, it should have been worded differently. I did not give you a negative rating for the post, which I also get my share of.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post
    No minimum wage job exists in AP but for the limits of the player. One can make a huge amount of money counting cards or almost nothing. Same with other forms of AP.
    I agree with this statement.

Well, then you guys can make chump change while we make mucho banko.

Honestly, it would be hard to find such profound and truthful comments about the AP world except from you and Zee. I hope you two continue to keep the wisdom flowing!

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Amen. I have been playing professionally for five years while enjoying life with a wife and a young child. It's provided a good income and fits nearly flawlessly with my life. Unlike site trolls like Zee, I don't tell people what to do or not do. I just describe my personal experience with blackjack, which happens to be positive.
    5 years of positive experience is nothing...I know people who claimed they were great salesman having sold encyclopedias and graduating to selling vacuum cleaners door to door. First, get thru your 20s’ play full time paying all your expenses before you come around boasting on sites like these. For most here, you are in kindergarten... You don’t know what you are talking about.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    5 years of positive experience is nothing...I know people who claimed they were great salesman having sold encyclopedias and graduating to selling vacuum cleaners door to door. First, get thru your 20s’ play full time paying all your expenses before you come around boasting on sites like these. For most here, you are in kindergarten... You don’t know what you are talking about.
    First of all, I knew Ken Uston personally, so all of your statements about my age and experience are baseless. My having played five years full-time doesn't preclude the possibility of decades of previous part-time play. I hope you don't claim to have learned logic from your Ivy League education. If so, your example provides excellent anecdotal evidence of the worthlessness of such an education.

Secondly, you say "five years of positive experience is nothing," notwithstanding that I've won mid-six figures over 3,500 hours from counting alone. Ironically, you have lived your entire life sharing empty, misleading bromides about selling encyclopedias and vacuum cleaners and winning America's Got Talent. A lifetime of life as Arby has led you to the point you are currently at, Zee. Painfully funny.

Hey, how many forum readers remember Zee's CBJN posts from a decade ago where he agonized over whether to "double down for less" just because he had lost his previous double down and thought chances were good he might lose two in a row? Truly one of the greatest clowns and trolls these forum pages have ever seen!
    Last edited by Chaconne; 01-19-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Banned or Suspended

Hey, how many forum readers remember Zee's CBJN posts from a decade ago where he agonized over "doubling down for less" just because he had lost his previous double down and thought chances were good he would lose two in a row?
    I only started to read this forum and others three years ago but I rarely posted, but I noticed Zeebabar has been a fun guy for a long time. If he really said this, it could blemish his character a lot. I am a fan of Zeebabar and a few other guys here, like tThree, ZenMaster-Flash. Are these guys still around in the forum?

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    I only started to read this forum and others three years ago but I rarely posted, but I noticed Zeebabar has been a fun guy for a long time. If he really said this, it could blemish his character a lot. I am a fan of Zeebabar and a few other guys here, like tThree, ZenMaster-Flash. Are these guys still around in the forum?
    I was one of the few that chose to post mistakes I made (most others point to ploppy mistakes, not their own) and was properly educated by the many excellent pros in their unique style. Among those was doubling for less, not doubling on A,7, splitting 9’s, etc. Sometimes I knew the correct play but chose the wrong play because of a depleted session bank roll, sometimes because of heat, etc. I posted, got ridiculed, but in the process, learned a lot.

T-3, don’t know what happened to him. KJ, know what happened there. Yes, it was great when the ratio of great players to mediocre and newbies was better. Unfortunately, I and others told even more people about this forum and now we have the so-called pros from Blackjack Apprenticeship and the Facebook BJ groups here showing off their knowledge while the old pros roll their eyes and fade away, sad.

Overpriced. Enough said!
    Exactly. I went to one their "boot camps" and it was a waste of $2750. Nothing I didn't actually know before.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

I don't think the $3,000 is worth it. They actually don't teach you anything you couldn't learn/(brush up), on your own.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    Exactly. I went to one their "boot camps" and it was a waste of $2750. Nothing I didn't actually know before.
    You're the first person that I've seen who has publicly stated that they attended the bootcamp and felt it was a waste of money (I have spoken to a few people who told me as much privately). Do you mind elaborating further about the bootcamp's structure and why you felt it was a waste?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    I don't think the $3,000 is worth it. They actually don't teach you anything you couldn't learn/(brush up), on your own.
    Unless you were falsely told you were going to receive some other info or training, if you paid and went there already knowing how to count cards and play the game then you are the one to blame for wasting your money, not him for taking it.

As far as I know the only thing the camp promises to deliver is teaching you how to count cards and profit from it playing professionaly, and according to all the people I know that took the course that is exactly what it does.

Saying the camp is worthless because anybody could learn the stuff they teach on their own is nonsense. With that logic, in todays world every single paid course or education program would be worthless.

In relation to its price, if he is charging that is because that's what he thinks his work is worth and also because there is enough people willing to pay for it. This is basic market logic.

Some people just have a lot of money to throw around. Whether or not the course has any value in and of itself is patently irrelevant.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast