Thread: CVCX Hole Carding Strategy - Surrender vs. A7 through A10 impossible?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Hole Carding Strategy - Surrender vs. A7 through A10 impossible?

I am currently investigating the Hole Carding strategy contained in CVCX, "Included Strategies", "Norm Wattenberger / QFIT" and trying to modify it. However, there are some columns of dealer hands missing in the tables. The tables contain only AA through A6, not A7 through A,10. But wouldn't it be good to e.g. surrender Hard 12 through 16 not only versus Hard 19 and 20 but also versus Soft 19 and 20? It makes no difference to me whether the dealer has a hard or soft pat hand (e.g. Hard 20 or Soft 20), so I would like to surrender not versus A6 (the rightmost column in the Surrender table), but versus A8, A9 (maybe also versus A,10, should Early Surrender be available).

Or does CVCX inherently treat A7 and higher the same way as A6?

HoleCardingSimplifiedSurrenderOld.jpg
    Last edited by PinkChip; 08-07-2020 at 09:58 AM.

The dealer isn't going to take another card on A7-A9 so just use the hard 18 ,19or 20 tables

Blog Entries

Thanks, quite right.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by AndretheGiant View Post
    The dealer isn't going to take another card on A7-A9 so just use the hard 18 ,19or 20 tables
    So I just check the table cells versus 19 and 20, and the CVCX simulator surrenders versus dealer Soft 19-20 the same way as it surrenders versus dealer Hard 19-20. Sounds logic. Many thanks!