See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: USA gambling with no Covid restrictions?

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Advance your defence to the parents who have lost a child, to the child who has lost a parent or parents, to the person who has lost a spouse. They won’t care about your defence.

I liken your thought process to some of the mental midgets floating around here who can’t see the forest for the trees (not newbies) whom are blind to common sense. The US of A is leaderless as it pertains to this subject - is not willing to implement short term policies for the greater good, which creates problems which are exacerbated by near sighted individuals such as yourself.

I could rip you a new asshole, point by point, but I’m feeling somewhat gentile at this point in time.
    "According to collectivism, the group or society is metaphysically real—and the individual is a mere abstraction, a fiction.4

This, of course, is ridiculous, but there you have it. On the metaphysics of collectivism, you and I (and Mr. Douglass) are fictional, and we become real only insofar as we somehow interrelate with society. As to exactly how we must interrelate with the collective in order to become part of the “real whole,” we’ll hear about that shortly."

https://theobjectivestandard.com/201...-collectivism/

The US has that pesky little thing that all collectivists (from every corner of the world, even though they may not live in the US ) despise...The Bill of Rights...which protects individual rights and is an impediment to collectivsim.
    Last edited by Wave; 08-05-2020 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    "According to collectivism, the group or society is metaphysically real—and the individual is a mere abstraction, a fiction.4

This, of course, is ridiculous, but there you have it. On the metaphysics of collectivism, you and I (and Mr. Douglass) are fictional, and we become real only insofar as we somehow interrelate with society. As to exactly how we must interrelate with the collective in order to become part of the “real whole,” we’ll hear about that shortly."

https://theobjectivestandard.com/201...-collectivism/

The US has that pesky little thing that all collectivists (from every corner of the world, even though they may not live in the US ) despise...The Bill of Rights...which protects individual rights and is an impediment to collectivsim.
    Interesting article.
    The Canadian Charter of Rights and the U.S. Bill of Rights say essentially the same thing. The Founding Fathers certainly penned a unique document, but even they, in all of their wisdom, could not anticipate every situation. To quote Spock, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

https://youtu.be/Xa6c3OTr6yA

I certainly don’t recall debate at the time if that declaration.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Ok. What part of the post you responded to in such an arrogant manner lacks "common sense"?
    Did he say he is going out to clandestine rave parties or sneeking inside nursing homes to sneeze on senior citizens?
    Maybe I missed it.

I could answer, again and again and again. However, my response might seem to generate an endless iteration of questions, and I don’t wish to play that game.

Blog Entries

Thread closed
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234