See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackjack Apprenticeship

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Blackjack Apprenticeship

Thoughts on buying Blackjack Apprenticeship software? Would this be more helpful than reading books? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerb533 View Post
    Thoughts on buying Blackjack Apprenticeship software? Would this be more helpful than reading books? Thanks
    No. The software does not incorporate the regaled FBM ASC

Read, read, and read some more.

I’m a young aspiring AP. Can only play in certain parts of the world (not US). I spend most of my time back counting because I do not understand bet spreads and get distracted easily. I can only play for 1 hour tops before my mind starts to go blank. Best literature for my situation?

Do you have enough bank to try? What do you mean by backcount? If the count is “right” do you play?

There is no shortcuts, it’s not a get rich quick scheme.

I have a sizeable bankroll. By back counting I mean I stand behind tables and when the count is favorable I play. I guess that would be considered “wonging.” I can not play for a long time because I get confused and have no real bet spread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sizable as in what? No need for $ amount, but how many units? What count do you use? There is “standardized” bet spread for most counts.

Norm (site owner) has lots of information, you can always start there. He also has software that can help you. But you want to may just read first.

I have a sizeable bankroll. By back counting I mean I stand behind tables and when the count is favorable I play. I guess that would be considered “wonging.” I can not play for a long time because I get confused and have no real bet spread.

What confuses you about bet spread?

I think what you’re saying is that you want to flat bet, and do that only when you have an advantage. Not sure there’s a book that would handle that stand alone situation. So, understanding that you won’t be betting optimally, what are the rules, what’s your bank, what are the min max stakes and what will you flat bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsiaodi View Post
    Sizable as in what? No need for $ amount, but how many units? What count do you use? There is “standardized” bet spread for most counts.

Norm (site owner) has lots of information, you can always start there. He also has software that can help you. But you want to may just read first.
    1500 units. HiLo. I’ve read “Advanced Blackjack” “Beat the Dealer” and one other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    What confuses you about bet spread?

I think what you’re saying is that you want to flat bet, and do that only when you have an advantage. Not sure there’s a book that would handle that stand alone situation. So, understanding that you won’t be betting optimally, what are the rules, what’s your bank, what are the min max stakes and what will you flat bet.
    I don’t want to flat bet. I want to have a 1-10 spread or even bigger than that. I do not want to lose my roll because I don’t fully understand betting. $15,000 bankroll. 6 deck, S17, DAS, RSA, No surrender. 10 minimum bet.

I don’t want to flat bet. I want to have a 1-10 spread or even bigger than that. I do not want to lose my roll because I don’t fully understand betting. $15,000 bankroll. 6 deck, S17, DAS, RSA, No surrender. 10 minimum bet.

So, approx 150 max bets, but you don’t understand bet spreads. Do you understand counting - if so, what count system so we can refer you to the best books for you.

I don’t see any issues suggesting a low flat bet wonging has where you can season yourself, but 1-10 wonging when you don’t understand betting is not wise. Rules look okay other than no surrender.

Also, the betting ramp you would employ given a specific rule set, would be dependant on deck penetration. What I’m generally saying Is because if your obvious inexperience - watch your ass.

So, approx 150 max bets, but you don’t understand bet spreads. Do you understand counting - if so, what count system so we can refer you to the best books for you.

I don’t see any issues suggesting a low flat bet wonging has where you can season yourself, but 1-10 wonging when you don’t understand betting is not wise. Rules look okay other than no surrender.

Also, the betting ramp you would employ given a specific rule set, would be dependant on deck penetration. What I’m generally saying Is because if your obvious inexperience - watch your ass.
    I have only been introduced to HiLo. That’s the only one I’m comfortable enough playing and the only one I know. I never play 1-10 that’s where I want to end up. I mostly flat bet now because I’m unsure of how to bet. I don’t want to be a flat bettor, i want to know the “optimal” betting amounts relative to counts.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I have only been introduced to HiLo. That’s the only one I’m comfortable enough playing and the only one I know. I never play 1-10 that’s where I want to end up. I mostly flat bet now because I’m unsure of how to bet. I don’t want to be a flat bettor, i want to know the “optimal” betting amounts relative to counts.

Stanford Wong’s Professional Blackjack is the first book you should buy, suitable beginner to expert, excellent ho lo tables plus reams of other info. What is your general locale.

Stanford Wong’s Professional Blackjack is the first book you should buy, suitable beginner to expert, excellent ho lo tables plus reams of other info. What is your general locale.
    I have read Professional Blackjack. The newer and the older versions. Not sure what you mean by general locale

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast