Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Playing Strategy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Multi-Playing Strategy

How would one go about setting up the parameters in CVData to use for two different playing strategies for each hand?

For example, i would like CV to use "playing strategy" "A" to use for 10 v 10 while using "playing strategy" "B" for 11v10..

Can this be done with CVdata?
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Blog Entries

I don't understand. Just use a different index for each of those hands. I missing something.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

For example, i want CV to use the Playing Strategy from Count 1 (2223210-1-2-3) for hands such as 10, while it uses the other Playing Strategy from Count 2 (12223210-1-3) for hands such as 11...

Blog Entries

No, that's not supported.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    No, that's not supported.
    Damn, that really sucks..Because Although Ace Reckoned counts are very efficient for doubling/splitting 7-10/A7-A9/77-XX they are very inefficient for 11s A2-A5, Stiffs and Insurance..I wish i was able to combine the two into one playing strategy..Oh well, thanks anyway..

Blog Entries

Multi-Parameter strategies are supported, which handle that with less effort. Never been a fan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    Damn, that really sucks..Because Although Ace Reckoned counts are very efficient for doubling/splitting 7-10/A7-A9/77-XX they are very inefficient for 11s A2-A5, Stiffs and Insurance..I wish i was able to combine the two into one playing strategy..Oh well, thanks anyway..
    Consider the regaled FBM ASC coupled with your ace reckoned count.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Consider the regaled FBM ASC coupled with your ace reckoned count.
    I anticipate seeing this in the new version of Dons book you previously mentioned..Def. worth a look!

Im really not a fan(as norm mentioned earlier) of Multi-Parameter adjustments either..Not really, because of the difficulty or rather crude style of using Ace adjustments for either playing or betting, but more so of having to use a Ace-neutral strategy. They're really difficult for Multiple decks and rather(i believe) kinda sloppy at best for betting adjustments for Multi-deck betting..Side counting Aces is awesome for 1 and 2 decks if you really know how to do it. One reason is because as the surplus of deficit of aces increases or decreases so does your edge..Ace-reckoned Strategys wont compensate for all the Aces being played, like Ace-neutral strategys will-if done right..However, Ace Reckoned Strategys are Soooo much more suitable for Multi-Deck.

So what im trying to say is, id like to keep an ace-reckoned count for Multi-deck while incorporating a side-count stratetgy when playing pitch games...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    I anticipate seeing this in the new version of Dons book you previously mentioned..Def. worth a look!

Im really not a fan(as norm mentioned earlier) of Multi-Parameter adjustments either..Not really, because of the difficulty or rather crude style of using Ace adjustments for either playing or betting, but more so of having to use a Ace-neutral strategy. They're really difficult for Multiple decks and rather(i believe) kinda sloppy at best for betting adjustments for Multi-deck betting..Side counting Aces is awesome for 1 and 2 decks if you really know how to do it. One reason is because as the surplus of deficit of aces increases or decreases so does your edge..Ace-reckoned Strategys wont compensate for all the Aces being played, like Ace-neutral strategys will-if done right..However, Ace Reckoned Strategys are Soooo much more suitable for Multi-Deck.

So what im trying to say is, id like to keep an ace-reckoned count for Multi-deck while incorporating a side-count stratetgy when playing pitch games...
    Legit or not - you be the judge.
    First, Regarding the FBM ASC, you’re not alone in baited anticipation of the greatest breakthrough in blackjack theory over the last 20 years. Don is anxious to incorporate this into BJA4.

Ace neutral strategies, executed properly for both betting and playing decisions are most effective in pitch style games. The nature of the Beast is such that anything Over 2 decks overloads the neural pathways of most practitioners, thus resulting in lower overall effectiveness. ASC with hi opt 2 will increase betting efficiency to an impressive 99.6%, Playing efficiency to about 67% and insurance correlation to an impressive 91%. Problem is, proper execution is beyond the ability of most players, thus resulting in decreased effectiveness.

Ace reckoned counts do not require ASC for betting efficiency, thus making it very easy to use. Halves boasts without ASC an impressive 99.6% betting efficiency combined with a weakish PE and IC of 56% and 72% respectively. With very little practice, the typical hi lo player can elevate to halves without a lot of practice. Ace reckoned counts are most effective with multi deck games where overall spread is more important than in pitch.

Now, an ASC added to an ace reckoned count where one does not require increased Betting Correlation, results in monstrous increases in both PE and IC. Thus, from these basic beginnings, arose the regaled FBM ASC Basic and FBM ASC Advanced.

FBM ASC Basic allows the accomplished practitioner to alter established Insurance thresholds based on surplus/deficit of aces. Further, aggressive 10 on 10 doubles can be accepted and rejected on a similar premise. Other effective strategies can also be utilized.

FBM Advanced takes all that Basic has to offer, and further considers the quality of true count. I’ll save the secret of this nugget for the unbelieving for later in the thread. Here’s the twist. Utilizing FBM ASC Advanced allows those practitioners of a 2 tiered betting system to switch back and forth between betting ramps based on quality of true count. The benefits and advantages are magnificent, and I would encourage readers to workout the pluses for themselves.

you’re not alone in baited anticipation
    Nor in bated anticipation.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Nor in bated anticipation.

Don
    Pulitzer stuff

Legit or not - you be the judge.
    First, Regarding the FBM ASC, you’re not alone in baited anticipation of the greatest breakthrough in blackjack theory over the last 20 years. Don is anxious to incorporate this into BJA4.

Ace neutral strategies, executed properly for both betting and playing decisions are most effective in pitch style games. The nature of the Beast is such that anything Over 2 decks overloads the neural pathways of most practitioners, thus resulting in lower overall effectiveness. ASC with hi opt 2 will increase betting efficiency to an impressive 99.6%, Playing efficiency to about 67% and insurance correlation to an impressive 91%. Problem is, proper execution is beyond the ability of most players, thus resulting in decreased effectiveness.

Ace reckoned counts do not require ASC for betting efficiency, thus making it very easy to use. Halves boasts without ASC an impressive 99.6% betting efficiency combined with a weakish PE and IC of 56% and 72% respectively. With very little practice, the typical hi lo player can elevate to halves without a lot of practice. Ace reckoned counts are most effective with multi deck games where overall spread is more important than in pitch.

Now, an ASC added to an ace reckoned count where one does not require increased Betting Correlation, results in monstrous increases in both PE and IC. Thus, from these basic beginnings, arose the regaled FBM ASC Basic and FBM ASC Advanced.

FBM ASC Basic allows the accomplished practitioner to alter established Insurance thresholds based on surplus/deficit of aces. Further, aggressive 10 on 10 doubles can be accepted and rejected on a similar premise. Other effective strategies can also be utilized.

FBM Advanced takes all that Basic has to offer, and further considers the quality of true count. I’ll save the secret of this nugget for the unbelieving for later in the thread. Here’s the twist. Utilizing FBM ASC Advanced allows those practitioners of a 2 tiered betting system to switch back and forth between betting ramps based on quality of true count. The benefits and advantages are magnificent, and I would encourage readers to workout the pluses for themselves.
    Now, thats what im talkin about! You just sold me a copy of the book lol.

Ya know, to be honest for awhile i couldnt ascertain whether or not you were just joking about the FBM, since after all you do have a jokingly personality...And of course i saw the humorous side of it Honestly, i look forward to seeing it, and even more so to using it. Im actually inspired to see someone(like myself) taking counting to a new level, someone who refuses to believe theres not an exact science behind it.Someone who actually believes in parallel universes.Theres nothing more rewarding than standing on the infamous 14 v X and watching the dealer break with a Max bet on the line.

Now, i actually used the ASC for multi-deck and "lets just say" did alright with it..But it dont take long before you start getting fatigued and stressed out..Furthermore, its almost crazy adjusting the Ace for betting by 12, 14 or even 16 points to the running count at times-and your still not doing it 100% accuratetly..That being said, An Ace reckoned count is by far the best way to go for the multi deck approach..But now,i think i kinda see where your going with this..Keeping a side count of Aces for Playing Purposes with the multi deck approach could be promising..Obviously, it would def. be worth it for pitch games..But then again, keep in mind, until i know exactly what the FBM is, i can only speculate here as to where your going with is..

As far as Halves go, i find nothing better than its 99.2 betting efficiency for its 11 point count..Compare that, for example to the 11 EBJ point count(2222210-1-2-2) that weighs in at .987 Not bad, but its clear to see which of two 11 point count systems id rather be using, when the time comes for when the dealer asks you to "place your bets"
    Even Reveres 17 point count, which has a impressive BE. of 99.7 but seems overkill to me and will have you easily over betting at times because of the such high numbers..I think what kills your game the most is "over betting" way more so than 'under betting"(although important). On several occasions i found myself betting 2-3 units in + TCs when the edge was still slightly in the red or even a 5 unit bet when the edge was just around .25 or so..These are the silent killers that turns a profitable game into a break-even game..The problem is, is its hard to detect and determine these fine distinctions with the system in question when it comes to betting..The problem i discovered i believe lies in the surplus or deficit with the aces..So when you speak of a 2 tier betting system, that really peaks my interest..And as funny as it may seem i have already begun thinking about the ace on ace approach that you mentioned about above..Just not sure, if you meant it for betting purpose as well for playing purposes or not.

Jack Jackson said

Ya know, to be honest for awhile i couldnt ascertain whether or not you were just joking about the FBM, since after all you do have a jokingly personality...And of course i saw the humorous side of it Honestly, i look forward to seeing it, and even more so to using it.”

I would never jest on such important concepts, so - For Feel Good Play coupled with improved results, try the FBM ASC. Accessories to inflate results (pun not intended) are also available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast