Thread: CVCX - Create new sim - Attach Playing Strategy - how to set the rule options

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX - Create new sim - Attach Playing Strategy - how to set the rule options

Hello

I have run several sims with KO Preferred and an own User Strategy but do not really trust the results.
    The main problem is that the S17 results seem plausible, but not the H17 results.
    Since I had set up an Advanced (Complex) Playing Strategy with Tables for Single and Multiple Decks,
    S17 and H17, DAS and NDAS, LS and no LS, I am not sure if the sim applied the correct H17 strategy.

Before setting up the sim parameters, you have to Attach a Playing Strategy.
    But there are some mysterious "Affecting Options" on the right side of this window:

StrangeAttachPlayingStategyOptionsHowToSet.jpg

with an even more mysterious help text (which is by the way not documented in the printed manual).
    At first, I checked all the options, but why should I "intend to run a sim with the wrong tables"?

Then I checked only the "Double down after split" flag and seemingly had more plausible results. Should I check none of these options, because I want of course use the correct tables of my playing strategy, and no "wrong tables", whatever that might be?

Why is "Dealer Hits Soft 17" in grey when I attach the KO Preferred strategy (for testing purposes)? Is the reason that Vancura/Fuchs provided no specific H17 strategy but only a composite Basic Strategy and counting system based upon the more common S17 rule? (Their results in the book mostly used the S17 rules, which were more common back in the 1990s).

Suppose that I don't want to run sims for the ENHC rule, but for DAS and NDAS, single/double and multiple decks,
    S17 and H17: which of these options must or must not be checked when attaching the Playing Strategy and thereafter running the sim?
    Last edited by PinkChip; 07-13-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    As it says, do not change the options unless you intend to use the wrong strategy. Basically, you never touch those options. They are there to test how using the wrong strategy works.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    OK, now it's clearer to me. I made another test run and it worked much better than before, particularly for H17. Many thanks, Norm!