See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For Don’s Grammatical Pleasure

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJPloppy View Post
    LOL. No, I was merely acknowledging an obvious error. I am only happy my parents are not around to have seen it.
    Yes, and I realized that, so no harm at all. Jabberwocky, on the other hand, has a chip on his shoulder and couldn't resist making an inane and snarky, sarcastic remark. Again, his problem; surely not mine.

Don

The use of "me and....", as in "me and him went to the store", and however/whatever way it's butchered, used to be the province of the youth.............no longer. I have heard politicians who should know better, use it addressing the public. It's one of the most irritating misuse of language to me.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    The use of "me and....", as in "me and him went to the store", and however/whatever way it's butchered, used to be the province of the youth.............no longer. I have heard politicians who should know better, use it addressing the public. It's one of the most irritating misuse of language to me.
    Yes, agree. I LOATHE it. There is also the pathetic inability to distinguish between the subjective and objective case, as in: "He told my wife and I that that he liked our house." I could throw up every time I hear similar constructions. But yes, there isn't a single child in the country who would now say, "My friend and I went to the store." NOT A SINGLE ONE. We're raising an entire generation of illiterates. Terribly sad.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Justifiable, as I had trouble seeing that. I had cataract surgery 6 AND 7 weeks ago - but good news. My last eye check was today, my new prescription was also issued with new glasses and sunglasses ordered as well.
    I've read through the messages within this post and many others that Freightman has put his time and thought into. Whoever is rating Freightman's messages please explain why you find them unhelpful or why you disagree with them. Or just stop trolling altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
    I've read through the messages within this post and many others that Freightman has put his time and thought into. Whoever is rating Freightman's messages please explain why you find them unhelpful or why you disagree with them. Or just stop trolling altogether.
    Sincerely, thank you for noticing. There’s no question that I’ve attracted a fan base of negative naysayers, run of the mill douchebags if you will. On a prior occasion, Eye of the Eagle was suspended for doing exactly that, and I would certainly hope that he wouldn’t be that stupid by doing it again.

In any event, I’m a numbers guy in many areas keeping track of many many mundane sets of data for no other reason other than it interests me. In fact, my little hobbies have saved my customers hundreds of thousands of dollars, perhaps millions over the years - data mining. Part of my compensation was a piece of the action - and it was lucrative.

Now, I’ve known for some time that I’ve had dedicated hemorrhoids reacting to specific types of my posts, and I also knew that this OP would be a magnet. I categorize those guilty individuals as low class ass wipes. This thread is actually quite interesting. This will be my 9th post in this thread. The first 8 of these posts have generated negative comments. Interestingly enough, the first 6 were posted July 10. My buddy reached his daily maximum of 4, and thus, the first 4 were voted upon, and said douchebag waited to the next day to vote on the next 2. A couple of days later, I posted 2 more, and these were subsequently given the salute. If I’m not 100% accurate, I’m pretty close.

As I said, mundane sets of data. Now, I’m also well aware that much of my posting is not really that serious - fooling around. After the Eye of the Eagle issue, I reached a plateau of 75% positive on give or take 600 votes. Assuming that’s accurate, and it’s in the ballpark, my current tally is now 564 Positive out of 941 votes equating to 59.9%. So, dropping from 75% to 59.9% over the following 341 votes requires 62.75% negative votes, or 127 positive and 214 negative. Not exactly a valid statistically random result given prior results.

I would ask Norm to publicly name various individuals playing this game, so that they may be appropriately chastised. In any event, the above noted comments speak poorly of this program, and I would say monitor it, or get rid of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123