See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Don’s Grammatical Pleasure

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

For Don’s Grammatical Pleasure

Rebel news, the Canadian version of Ben Shapiro’s Daily Wire, has just received a legal threat letter pertaining to a New Brunswick man fined for trespassing while enjoying a muffin and coffee in a Tim Horton parking lot.

Said letter from a particular legal firm representing the RCMP officer in question, is full of grammatical, punctuation and I think a few spelling errors. Ironically, I mentioned Rebel News just a few days ago for a YouTube video which briefly mentioned issues which had relevance to AP’s. This news organization, with a stance leaning to the right, tackles controversial issues at the highest levels of Canadian sivpcuety - oops, I meant society.

I submit this both for entertainment value, and as a distraction for Don, and with my complements - a proofread post.

https://youtu.be/_XoJJF7ImcM

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I submit this both for entertainment value, and as a distraction for Don, and with my complements - a proofread post.
    Thanks very much. Yes, entertaining. But you inadvertently provided another distraction, above.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Thanks very much. Yes, entertaining. But you inadvertently provided another distraction, above.

Don
    Justifiable, as I had trouble seeing that. I had cataract surgery 6 AND 7 weeks ago - but good news. My last eye check was today, my new prescription was also issued with new glasses and sunglasses ordered as well.

I guess dentistry isn't part of your socialized medicine program?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I guess dentistry isn't part of your socialized medicine program?
    In certain situations, it is. For the most part, no. Not sure why you’re asking, but cataracts and cavities are different things

I was referring to the video. Look at Mr. NB's teeth. He could be British.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    In certain situations, it is. For the most part, no. Not sure why you’re asking, but cataracts and cavities are different things
    The Federal legislation is the Canada Health ACT. Each Province administers it’s own program, each with slightly different rules as to what’s covered.

In my Province, eye checkups for children and Seniors are covered once a year. Everyone else pays. Some years back, I ended up with some sort of eye ulcer. The Opthamology appointments to repair the eye were covered, but the eye check up for the prescription glasses was not. Some seniors have a certain amount of dental coverage. I don’t qualify, and those tend to be expensive.

As I’m now a senior, most drugs are now 70% covered with a max payment of $25 per prescription. There’s one drug I’m on that is not covered, and which costs me $142 per 30 days. I had a pacemaker installed 2 or 3 years ago with no cost to me. There’s other coverages.

To pay for this, we have higher tax rates than Americans - well worth it.

I ended up with some sort of eye ulcer. The Opthamology
    Ophthalmology

BTW, stop putting spicy food in your eye and you won't get an ulcer there.

Ophthalmology

BTW, stop putting spicy food in your eye and you won't get an ulcer there.
    Hmm, had Thai for lunch today.

The Federal legislation is the Canada Health ACT. Each Province administers it’s own program, each with slightly different rules as to what’s covered.

In my Province, eye checkups for children and Seniors are covered once a year. Everyone else pays. Some years back, I ended up with some sort of eye ulcer. The Opthamology appointments to repair the eye were covered, but the eye check up for the prescription glasses was not. Some seniors have a certain amount of dental coverage. I don’t qualify, and those tend to be expensive.

As I’m now a senior, most drugs are now 70% covered with a max payment of $25 per prescription. There’s one drug I’m on that is not covered, and which costs me $142 per 30 days. I had a pacemaker installed 2 or 3 years ago with no cost to me. There’s other coverages.

To pay for this, we have higher tax rates than Americans - well worth it.
    About 20 years ago, my dad suffered a ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurism. Absolutely frightening - he managed to survive it, but lost most of the blood in his body during Vascular surgery.

In the aftermath, his kidneys dried up and shut down, and he was on dialysis for the rest of his life. For the first several months after he got home, he was on a drug called Eprex. The cost worked out to either $1500 or $6000 per month - I think $1500. As a senior, his 90 day prescription cost was capped at $25.

Seems to me the additional taxes paid for our health care are less than private insurance costs in the US.

Ophthalmology
    I see your ophthalmology and raise you an "it's." (Damn, we make an annoying team! )

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    I see your ophthalmology and raise you an "it's."
    It's/its is becoming too mundane.

It's/its is becoming too mundane.
    Anyone have a top 10 list of the most common of these screw ups?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast