See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Blackjack color version

Blog Entries

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Modern Blackjack color version

Long ago, I wrote a book with about 300 charts and innumerable tables. Everything is in color – but, the price of color printing was prohibitive. So, I printed it in B&W and added urls to color versions of every chart on the web should someone wish to view them in more detail. Color is still expensive. But, it has dropped substantially from days of yore. So, I decided to put out a color version. While I was at it, I added space for another line on each page and included a bunch of new pages. The book is now 700 pages (as a publisher counts pages), mostly in color. Nothing I added, I haven’t put somewhere online, so no reason to purchase for the added material. I also had it printed on heavier, coated paper to prevent bleed through. The book is soft-cover to keep down the price. I can create a hard cover version if anyone cares. I will not make this version available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc., to avoid the distributor fee – which is hefty. Price is $50 plus shipping at Lulu. They usually have a sale – 10% off now. It can only be purchased at:

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/norm...ct-nmk4wv.html
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Are the charts applicable to a Hi-Lo player?

Blog Entries

The majority are using HiLo. But, they present concepts that are relevant to all counts, and other methods.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

What would a hardcover edition cost?

Blog Entries

About $12 more.

I would love a hardback version for my collection. What would I need to do to acquire one?

Agree with severity8, would love a hardback, how do I select that option?

Blog Entries

I have to look into it. Hardcover requires adjusting the cover image and possibly a new ISBN.

Have you thought about autographing the book?

Blog Entries

I never learned how to write.

I never learned how to write.[/quote]

A pity. You type well and you're pretty good with numbers. (insert smiley face.) Penmanship would round out your skills.

Forget it then. Stanford autographed my copy of Prof BJ...

I guess a quick question for Norm; having already purchased the B&W Softcover version of your book from Lulu, would it be worth purchasing it again with the color charts? Does the print version (new color) have everything in it you wrote for Modern Blackjack? I know we had messaged before about the color chart references and it is a little cumbersome to have read the book and then use a computer to enter the url for the charts to see them better. But I did for those I wanted to see in better detail. Those black and white charts in the actual book are kinda hard to view.............LOL
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast