I have a dumb but serious question about the accuracy of my advantage per true count..

For 20 years i've used an ace side count (pitch games) for betting purposes and Ace-parameters for the play of hands..As the years rolled by i developed a rather dis-liking to the rather "crude style" of adjusting the Ace for "both" betting and playing purposes, so i decided to move to a level 3 Ace-reckoned count-which of course is more suited for betting for multiple decks as well...

In the past, when i used the ace-side-count i could usually calculate my edge within a half percent at any given point in the deck..And although im very accurate with the "ace-reckoned" count as well, it seems to fall apart near the end of the deck/s esp. when there's an imbalance of ace's..Are ace-side-counts actually more accurate for betting in pitch games if done right?

Now heres where im going with this.. The System im using now is

2223210-1-2-3

with a side-count of A+4/X-1
(12223210-1-3)

Now i already know that the "side-count" can be used in addition to the "main count" for particular hands such as doubling on 7-10(A6-A9)...(+4/13)

But what about betting?

More and more often im seeing the advantage get distorted as the side count(A+4/X-1) moves further and further away from 0

For example, say you have a running count with the betting count of 0(1D)/ (TC=0) but the side-count is -13 or +13..

Which of course when added together is the 13 point count 12223210-1-3 BC. .867

So wouldnt a side-count of +13 be much stronger as opposed to -13 for the 13 point count? I already know for a fact it makes double and splits more profitable, so shouldnt i adjust the side-count for betting as well? or is the betting count(2223210-1-2-3) the strongest when the side-count is at 0?

I do realize this does reduce your chances of getting a blackjack or hooking a Ace on doubles but i figured this is already factored into the betting count...The Advantage is your taking insurance less often, insurance is more accurate, Ace less likely in the hole, doubles and splits are more profitable...

Im thinking the side-count should be adjusted by +4 for every +13 and by even half for when its negative or perhaps it should NOT be adjusted at all, i just dont know..Anyway, it may be just a stupid question, who knows...