taking a erroneous payout. .

ATTENTION DON

JESUS H CHRIST I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT

https://youtu.be/7ATBbrfmzc0

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Originally Posted by Stealth

ATTENTION DON

But can he core a apple? (Apologies to those who don't know the reference.)

Don

I have seen a dealer forget to reveal his hole card and then pay the players. He just picked up all the cards and basically we got all pushed, including me with my double bet.

His up card was a 6, the count was high and I was doubling down. I tried to get the pit boss to check the tape and he just laughed at me.

I decided to just shut up and play, and that was the right decision, as the pit was a lot more attentive to the dealer's actions from that moment onward, than to what the players were doing. Had I insisted, the pit might have decided I was a PITA and would have probably paid more attention to my game.

Also there was a racial divide which made me decide to just accept this as a push and move on.

Believe me, there was a bit more money than $15 on the table.
    Last edited by DatabaseGuy; 07-06-2020 at 06:08 PM. Reason: r

Quote Originally Posted by DatabaseGuy View Post
    Also there was a racial divide which made me decide to just accept this as a push and move on.
    Could you please explain this a bit further. This might be something we can learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Could you please explain this a bit further. This might be something we can learn from.
    PM only.

Quote Originally Posted by DatabaseGuy View Post
    PM only.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Originally Posted by Stealth

ATTENTION DON

But can he core a apple? (Apologies to those who don't know the reference.)

Don
    Don,

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!

Dog Hand

Please elucidate: pipic, pipik, pupic, or pupik?? Inquiring minds want to know what is the most prevalent version. Thanks.

Don

Don - I'm sure you realize there are multiple possibilities when a word is transliterated. This forum doesn't accept foreign language character sets. If it did, I'd post the original.

Please elucidate: pipic, pipik, pupic, or pupik?? Inquiring minds want to know what is the most prevalent version. Thanks.

Don
    If im not mistaken, Moishe Pipic’s was the actual name of a kosher style restraint chain in California, and possibly Arizona. In a prior life, I ran the mercurial Moishe Pipic’s Lint Parlour, earning a living making pillows from lint collected from the hairy belly buttons of Jewish males. These kosher pillows were of the highest quality and purchased by only the most discriminating of buyers.

Pipic, or Pipic’s is the Ashkenazi version. In fact, my wife took the Ancestry.ca DNA test. It came back as 94.6% (really) ashkenazi Jew, the balance being a combination of Italian and Scandinavian. She, as a Bat Cohen, was more than sufficiently suitable to marry a true Levite, such as myself.

Pupic is Sephardic. This phrase may Be heard in the hallowed rooms of my sons house - a mixed marriage of Ashkenazi and Sephardic. Her background is B’nai Israel, the origins being from the remote regions of India. Pupik is utilized by commoners.

It is well known that the best blackjack players are Ashkenazi Jew and certainly quite creative as may be evidenced by the regaled FBM ASC. I trust this brief explanation explains the differentials of pipic, pupic, pupik and pupik.

I trust this brief explanation explains the differentials of pipic, pupic, pupik and pupik.
    Yes an no. What about the k endings? Is there a preference or reason to choose one over the other? For example, 94,000 Google results for -c but 1,700,000 for -k.

Also, what's a restraint chain? (No answer needed.)

Don

Yes an no. What about the k endings? Is there a preference or reason to choose one over the other? For example, 94,000 Google results for -c but 1,700,000 for -k.
    Don
    Makes no sense since Ashkenazi is More prevalent.

Also, what's a restraint chain? (No answer needed.)

Don
    But, I insist.
    One must look at 2 totally unrelated meanings depending on spelling utilized. Restaurant chains, as in Moishe Pipic’s, refers to multiple locations of Jewish Edibles, as in hot pastrami, corned beef, matzoh balls, etc.

I recall walking into a Jewish deli in Toronto, singing those now famous words
    “Do not make a stingy sandwich, pile the cold cuts high
    Customers should see salami coming through the rye” - with thanks to Allan Sherman.

Restraint Chain, refers to corporate and franchised storefront locations of personalized sadist masochistic accessories. Said logo, which may be referred to as a sadistic logo, is that of heavy chain restraining willing subjects.

The Mishnah then asks the question of how a masochist hurts a sadist. The answer of course, is that he doesn’t. Trust that clarifies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast