See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealer Error

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dealer Error

So this last weekend I was at my local tribal, head down playing table min. There are 3 players including me.
    Dealer showing 8 I have 17.. stand.

Dealer flips over a ten (18) then draws again, another 10. Dealer bust (28!)

He paid all 3 of us out. I saw the error and take the “winnings” pulling them all the way back into my stack leaving my initial min bet in the circle.

As dealer is sweeping up the cards he realized the error and asked for the Mis-pay back.
    I of course refuse but the other 2 players cave almost immediately and return the bet.
    I asked for the floor and the floor comes over, gets the scoop and agrees I need to give back the chips which are in my hand now.
    Several moments of this back and fourth and the dealer swipes my bet off the circle. I argue and call a second suit over and he also agrees that I must return the mis-pay.
    So in the end I took my chips and left did not get to keep the dealer error pay, and am still fuming about the incident. (Even tho it was only $15)
    My wife didn’t understand but to me it’s about the principle, these are the situations I train and watch for and I needed to vent to likeminded folk.

Anyway- I have the date, time, and table/seat # recorded but being as it’s a tribal I have no recourse?

Thanks!!

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You’re very foolish. You now stand out like a sore thumb on a nothing issue and over a minimum bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    You’re very foolish. You now stand out like a sore thumb on a nothing issue and over a minimum bet.
    Agreed...OP, you say these are the situations you train and watch for. You’ll have plenty that come along the way that no one notices. You don’t take a big stand on something that a simple review by surveillance would overrule you. Is that what you want??

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Pay it back.

And if I were the first base player, I'd adamantly demand the wasted drawn 10 be dealt as my first card!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    Pay it back.

And if I were the first base player, I'd adamantly demand the wasted drawn 10 be dealt as my first card!
    And for those that like good tidbits of info, your first card as a 10 value card gives you a 10% edge.

You can be prosecuted for knowingly taking a erroneous payout. It called stealing. Your hissy fit only served to make you look foolish. At an Indian owned property you could get an even more severe result. You were lucky.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

And the flow of the cards is saved! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    I had that happen once. They said OK and I put table max out for my next bet. This was on a cruise ship.

Did the dealer just want the mis-pay back or your original bet too. The dealer had 18 and you had 17 so the dealer should of demanded the $15 mis-pay he gave you plus your original $15 bet. If this was not the case you still came out ahead.

Ok lesson learned, from what I thought I knew was that dealer mispays were dealer error and therefore they could not demand it back.
    Either way it was my pride that ended up making such a scene, and after hearing the unanimous response I take it as a learning to keep my hissy fits to a minimum thanks for the pep talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j2dah View Post
    Ok lesson learned, from what I thought I knew was that dealer mispays were dealer error and therefore they could not demand it back.
    Either way it was my pride that ended up making such a scene, and after hearing the unanimous response I take it as a learning to keep my hissy fits to a minimum thanks for the pep talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the error is caught, they most certainly can request is back. It also works for the player too. I've asked and had surveillance verify a winning bet of mine that wasn't paid and they paid it.

the dealer caught it right away on a minimum bet
    don't be a jerk

I've seen the pit come back with a picture from surveillance 20 minutes after the fact demanding a mis-pay be paid back. Now that is hard to swallow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast