Thread: CVCX - calibration with BJA 3 for 6D 4/6 H17 DAS LS

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX - calibration with BJA 3 for 6D 4/6 H17 DAS LS

Hello

I'm currently trying to calibrate my CVCX using an example from BJA 3 pages 232 and 248, namely for

6 decks, H17, DAS, LS, (no RSA)
    4.0/6 = 2/3 = 67 percent pen

$10000 bankroll
    Spread 1-12
    Play All
    4 players at the table

just to find out how CVCX is used correctly (still beginner and quite uncertain about many things,
    so I try to set up an example from BJA 3 in order to achieve the same results).

However, I get values slightly different from the book, e.g. a SCORE of 12.65 rather than 13.12,
    when I set "Minimum Chip Size":

CVCX_SixDeck_H17_DAS_LS_noRSA_Spread_1_12_Minimum_Chip_Size.jpg
    CVCX_SixDeck_H17_DAS_LS_noRSA_Spread_1_12_Minimum_Chip_Size.jpg

It doesn't get closer (SCORE of 11.79) when I switch to "Rational Bets":

CVCX_SixDeck_H17_DAS_LS_noRSA_Spread_1_12_Rational_Bets.jpg
    CVCX_SixDeck_H17_DAS_LS_noRSA_Spread_1_12_Rational_Bets.jpg

What do I have to change in the settings in order to get exactly the same results as in the book?
    Has it something to do with the "Optimal" and "Practical Wagers" mentioned in the book?
    I am particularly uncertain about all these options in the "Simplify" tab on the right of the CVCX Viewer window.

(By the way, why are my PNG screenshots displayed in such a low resolution on this page, compared to my JPG screenshots? I uploaded PNG and JPG files of the same 979 x 677 pixels resolution).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by PinkChip; 07-03-2020 at 05:52 AM.

I don't think you can replicate the exact results between the book and CVCX.
    CVCX uses the Sweet 16 and Fab 4 while the sims in the book were made using the Ill-18 and Fab 4.
    The slight improvement of SCORE from the book result is probably due to the use of the 10-10 split vs 5 and 6 in the Ill-18 that are absent with the Sweet 16.
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I don't think you can replicate the exact results between the book and CVCX.
    CVCX uses the Sweet 16 and Fab 4 while the sims in the book were made using the Ill-18 and Fab 4.
    The slight improvement of SCORE from the book result is probably due to the use of the 10-10 split vs 5 and 6 in the Ill-18 that are absent with the Sweet 16.
    Yes, that might explain the small differences. I overlooked that Ill-18 (book) vs. Sweet-16 (CVCX) stuff. Many thanks!

You can set CVCX to use the I18 indices. CVCX was the software used to generate the data for BJA3 Chapter 10. The "CX" in the name literally refers to "Chapter 10".

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    You can set CVCX to use the I18 indices. CVCX was the software used to generate the data for BJA3 Chapter 10. The "CX" in the name literally refers to "Chapter 10".
    Yes, I know (have read the BJA3 book back in 2012, and still have it, but should read Chapter 10 once again, and just started with CVCX).

The thing is, I wanted to try out the "canned" / "archived" sims first, and Hi-Lo is canned for Sweet 16 only. In order to get the Hi-Lo sim data with Ill-18, I guess I must run an own sim, but I'm still struggling with creating a custom strategy and run a sim on this strategy.

For instance, I have never understood what the difference between "simple" and "complex" or "advanced" playing strategy is (both are used in CVBJ and CVCX). I managed to create an own counting strategy derived from KO in CVBJ, and would have liked to create it for all numbers of decks, but ended up with one "simple" strategy for 2 decks, one "simple" for 6 decks and so forth.

In CVCX, I have the same problems. I could not even open some of my playing strategies created in CVBJ in the CVCX "Create a New Sim", "Define/Edit Strategies", "Attach a Strategy", "User Strategies". Is it possible to use the CVBJ playing strategies also in CVCX, or do I have to set up my strategies once again? One of the many questions I have. So I decided to start with some "canned" sims like KO or Hi-Lo in CVCX and first play around with them.
    Last edited by PinkChip; 07-03-2020 at 04:39 PM.