See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Blackjack the only Game that you are penalized for being good at?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Is Blackjack the only Game that you are penalized for being good at?

I can't think if any other game or sport that is legal that a person is penalized for being good at. Can anybody think of one?

If you are good at Golf, Bowling, Basketball, Poker, marbles etc. people are revered. If you are really good at Blackjack you are harassed, backed off and shown the door.

If there are certain types of players at the table that always follow the "book" and you do something different, you catch hell.

Professional gambling in general. Sports bettors get backed off or have their limits reduced to a fraction of what a losing player could bet. Slots players have gotten banned in places.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If you're a long term winner you will be countermeasured in some way. Game is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 151Proof View Post
    I can't think if any other game or sport that is legal that a person is penalized for being good at. Can anybody think of one?

If you are good at Golf, Bowling, Basketball, Poker, marbles etc. people are revered. If you are really good at Blackjack you are harassed, backed off and shown the door.

If there are certain types of players at the table that always follow the "book" and you do something different, you catch hell.
    You're not revered for being merely good at basketball etc
    You're revered for being the best in the world at a few sports (not marbles or even bowling for that matter.) Counting cards is way easier than making the nba, and nobody is paying to watch blackjack players play blackjack. NBA salaries don't come out of thin air.

151Proof,

My two most recent 86's have occurred while I was playing a carnival game and video poker.

As bigplayer said, if you're perceived as a winning player, they'll show you the door.

Dog Hand

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    My two most recent 86's have occurred while I was playing a carnival game and video poker.
    Show us how you did these. Nobody in the world can beat video poker! No math to justify this.

Blog Entries

You need to stop making statements like this.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You need to stop making statements like this.
    This guy may be less stupid than people think... We should just stop answering his questions.
    Who really knows who's behind that handle?
    G Man

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    This guy may be less stupid than people think... We should just stop answering his questions.
    Who really knows who's behind that handle?
    +1

Yeah, nobody can really be that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    +1

Yeah, nobody can really be that stupid.
    This is weird. When I started my gambling several years ago, I tried video poker but lost some money, so I haven't researched this game very much. I am reading some online information again about this game. It says this: in the "full pay" version of Deuces Wild, elite basic strategy players can earn edge of over 2% simply by making the correct decisions on their cards. Can somebody verify whether this statement is true or false? If it it true, where are the "full pay" video poker games?

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    This is weird. When I started my gambling several years ago, I tried video poker but lost some money, so I haven't researched this game very much. I am reading some online information again about this game. It says this: in the "full pay" version of Deuces Wild, elite basic strategy players can earn edge of over 2% simply by making the correct decisions on their cards. Can somebody verify whether this statement is true or false? If it it true, where are the "full pay" video poker games?
    aceside,

Full pay Deuces Wild returns 100.76%, so while +EV, it is far from the +2% claimed by whatever webpage you read. Here is a link to the strategy:

https://wizardofodds.com/games/video...l-pay/optimal/

It is available at Sam's Town Las Vegas, and at two Arizona Charlie's: Decatur and Boulder.

Good luck!

Dog Hand

I'm coming back to counting after a 10-year break. I used the system invented by Norm; figure I might as well return to that. Will someone tell me the name of that system please.

Quote Originally Posted by lester View Post
    will someone tell me the name of that system please.
    reko
    G Man

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast