Thread: Half Deck TC Conversion

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Half Deck TC Conversion

Doing the TC drills on cvbj for double deck game, half deck divisor and having issues. Only when there is 1 1/2 decks remaining it will round to 2 decks remain. For example running 9 with 1 1/2 decks remain it will tell me TC=4. I’m looking for a True 6. Or running 6 with 1 1/2 remaining and it will tell me TC=3 but I’m thinking it should be True 4. I know I have 1 1/2 decks remaining because it tells you and you only need to enter the correct TC. I have my setting set to truncate.

Change your True Count settings to Quarter Deck Resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by JJcool View Post
    Doing the TC drills on cvbj for double deck game, half deck divisor and having issues. Only when there is 1 1/2 decks remaining it will round to 2 decks remain. For example running 9 with 1 1/2 decks remain it will tell me TC=4. I’m looking for a True 6. Or running 6 with 1 1/2 remaining and it will tell me TC=3 but I’m thinking it should be True 4. I know I have 1 1/2 decks remaining because it tells you and you only need to enter the correct TC. I have my setting set to truncate.
    Still confusion. In any event, this is FULL-DECK divisors, with half-deck precision. If it were half-deck divisors, then you'd be dividing by 3 with 1.5 decks left. Dividing by number of half decks remaining is not the same thing as dividing by whole decks remaining, but with half-deck precision.

But, if you tell it to divide by whole decks remaining but round to the nearest half deck, then it should call 1.5 1.5.

Don