See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideal bankroll?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooking with cards View Post
    or at least start doing an ace side count? Thoughts and Suggestions?
    Consider the regaled FBM ASC (lots of info available by search)
    Seriously though, you should season yourself very well before you put that kind of money at risk. You’re just not ready yet. Seems to me though, that you have a lot more upstairs than OP from other thread.

Maybe OP from that other thread will spot you a couple hundred K to get you started. MWP can act as intermediary.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    No and no!!

Don
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    No and no!!

Don
    I won't be doing that for sure! I was curious, so I went back to BJA3 and re-read some of chapter 9! Thanks Don!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooking with cards View Post
    I won't be doing that for sure! I was curious, so I went back to BJA3 and re-read some of chapter 9! Thanks Don!
    Both the guys above who say “No” to your advice on count change do not use HiLo themselves but they are correct, the basic idea being to stick with the count you use, the effort to change is simply not worth it.

The ideal bankroll, and I think the maths will back me up on this, is one of infinite size. But I may be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Both the guys above who say “No” to your advice on count change do not use HiLo themselves
    Am I one of the two to which you refer? If so, you are wrong. I do use HiLo.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Am I one of the two to which you refer? If so, you are wrong. I do use HiLo.
    There were 3 ‘guys” who essentially said no.
    Don - RPC
    21for me - Hi Lo
    Me (Post 14) - Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Seriously though, you should season yourself very well before you put that kind of money at risk. You’re just not ready yet.
    What you don't think she is ready yet? Cooking with cards, no tough response about what does he think you are lacking, and what do you need to do to get ready? No YOU DON'T think I am ready? Freighter why do you get a free ride, and I get discriminated against?
    Last edited by BoSox; 06-01-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    What you don't think she is ready yet? Cooking with cards, no tough response about what does he think you are lacking, and what do you need to do to get ready? No YOU DON'T think I am ready. Freighter why do you get a free ride, and I get discriminated against?
    Not sure I understand what you mean.

Not sure I understand what you mean.
    Freighter, it is humor going back from a thread a few weeks old, not involving you. Where she turned Cujo on me for even suggesting the same thing.
    Last edited by BoSox; 06-01-2020 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigplayer View Post
    Depends on whether you're in a Growth Mode for your Bankroll or an Income Producing Mode for your Bankroll and what games you're playing.
    Cooking, bigplayer, presented you with a real good tough question that most every relatively newer player "groan" starting out must ask themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by bigplayer View Post
    $50,000 can turn into $25,000 very quickly with a month of bad sessions.
    Cooking, how do you feel about that very real possibility happening to you?

The point is, at least to me, that any enhancements should be done in stages. You don't just go from Hi-Lo, with a relatively small bank, to a higher-level count, with ASC and much larger bets all at once. I think that would have catastrophic results. So, if you have the opportunity to increase your bankroll, perhaps follow these steps:

1) Play higher stakes in increments. As previously suggested, if you were red, go to green, but don't go crazy. Play that for a while until you are perfectly comfortable. Then, and only then (and it could be never) consider going to black ... or not.
    2) Only for DD games, perhaps consider incorporating an ASC, and just for insurance purposes. Get completely comfortable with that, when you play DD, and don't use it for anything else.
    3) If and when you've done both, for quite a while, and you feel you'd like to see if you can squeeze out another ~10%, consider a higher-level count, such as Zen, UBZII, RPC, or Halves (level 3).

Good luck. You know where to find me. If you go to Foxwoods or MS, let us know what's going on there.

Don

There were 3 ‘guys” who essentially said no.
    Don - RPC
    21for me - Hi Lo
    Me (Post 14) - Halves
    You talk in circles....Both...three guys.....I don't know if I trust you yet.... Don, 21, Bosox and Freightman have all given me thought provoking answers.....it seems like you mostly just agree with whatever they say! I'm not trying to be rude at all, please don't think I am! I do think you're funny, I like reading your posts.
    Last edited by Cooking with cards; 06-01-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast