Thread: Deviations

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Deviations

Hello i love the CVBJ it has everything you need but i use Blackjack Apprenticeship strategy when playind and some of tge deviations differ from game ex 3 card 16 vs Ace is a hit unless TC is 9+ then you stand i had TC of 12 and stayed and got error should of hit. I clicked on error message View strategy tables and 16 vs Ace box under A is blinking green and white i tried to put 9+ in there it wouldnt let me. So i clicked Composition dependent to set spinner number to 9+ but when i tried that another message popped up saying cannot change the tables unless called from Define Strategy. Does anyone know how to change a deviation index so i dont get these errors. I thought if i put the stategy im using bjapprenticeship colin jones in it would have all his strategies. There are others like A7 Double vs 2 says error you should hit.

You can actually select Colin's Blackjack Apprenticeship strategy as the one the software compares your play against. Go to menu/strategies/playing strategy(simple). You will see a list of people who have there own strategies like Stanford Wong or Arnold Snyder. Colin is on this list. Click on his name, click on the Blackjack Apprenticeship strategy and click OK. I don't know if this has the composition dependent stuff built in or of you will have to add it but it says to double A7 vs 2 with 6 decks and H17 so that should at least help a bit.

If you want to change indices:

1.Go to the playing strategy(simple) page.
    2.Click define/edit strategy
    3.Click create a new strategy
    4.Here you can select a strategy to base your new strategy off of. Select Colin's and name your new strategy something like Blackjack Apprenticeship(Full), Click Init
    5.The next page you come to is strategy type. You will probably want to make sure it is advanced with DAS Multiple deck, and H17 selected. This will make it so that CVBJ will alter your strategy tables for you when you change the rules on things like DAS and H17 and you will not need to change your strategies if you want to play with different rules.
    6.Skip counts, insure, and groups. These should already be where they should be.
    7. The next page, tables, is where you can change indices and add composition dependent stuff. Here you can look at what the strategy's tables are depending on the number of decks and whether or not you will be playing with H17 or S17. There are separate tables for DAS. Look through all of these and make sure they match up with Colin's strategy as you know it. There is an option to add composition dependent stuff when you are looking at a specific table.