I know from maths that stupid plays help as well as they cost in the long run because the cards can lie in any ways and can both turn favourable sequences into unfavourable ones and vice versa.

It is what I feel several times when I play Blackjack and piss me off quite a lot.
I’ll provide a situation.

Suppose dealer has a weak upcard of either 4, 5 or 6 (in a no hole card game)
I have a stiff hand and correctly stand on 12-16.
The third base next to me has 12-14 and decides to hit, get a picture and busts.
(Yes, many ploppies hit 12 regardless, not realizing the chance of getting a picture when the dealer is weak.)

The dealer comes up with another picture (16) and a 5 to 21, taking all bets.
if he has stood the dealer would have got two pictures in a row and busts.

What I ask here is “After I see the third base busts, it feels like I know myself that I’m more likely to lose as the high card (favourable for player) is wasted,”
I know that it can turn the other way round that the third base gets a small card and the dealer gets two pictures in a row and busts, if he correctly stands the dealer would make a hand instead. But in that case it means the third base does not bust. The point is: If the third base unnecessarily busts, my losing chance increases. I want some explanation that this is not true but it is more likely the cards lie like this.