See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loss Training

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyth View Post
    I am a DP player and that is not going to change.
    Well, Reyth, that pretty much sums it all up! No need to continue wasting time.

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but thank you for your willingness to be sympathetic to newcomers. It's nice to ask questions without fear of being judged.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWill07 View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old topic, but thank you for your willingness to be sympathetic to newcomers. It's nice to ask questions without fear of being judged.
    Mike, I am assuming that you are addressing me since I wrote the post in front of yours is that correct? If that is a yes to my question, do you think that I treated the newcomer poorly? I am not sure where you are going with that rather vague statement you made.

Welcome to the board.
    Last edited by BoSox; 01-20-2021 at 09:45 AM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyth View Post
    I don't understand how a positive count promotes high variance?
    The variance is higher because we intentionally bet more when we have a positive count, generally controlling our bets sizes based on our bankroll size and the acceptable RoR. The variance is a math function where the bet size is critical in its calculation.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123