See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: BJ related advice..

  1. #11


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    @ bughousemaster

    You belong catching pokemon in the meridian forest not offering tutoring for BJ

    And you belong basking in more pits of jealousy! Don't hate bec you can't be a blackjack tournament AUTHORITY like me.

  2. #12


    3 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I thought about it for a while before posting this, but I can't stay silent while BughouseMASTER continues to represent himself as an AUTHORITY (his emphasis) on blackjack tournament strategy. I'll make my comments as fair as I can and remind everyone that this is my opinion only.

    He is a fairly new member at blacktournaments.com where I and a few other members have had quite a bit of private interaction with him in addition to public discussions on the forum. While he has admittedly had some recent success, and is actively engaged in learning more there, he is, in my opinion, only starting to scratch the surface when it comes to blackjack tournament knowledge. I believe that he is sincere in his desire to learn but, at this stage, it is my opinion that he is vastly overconfident in his abilities.

    Now, everyone has the right to offer services for whatever price they deem fair. But as a potential student, it is difficult to vet the value of the lessons and the credentials of the teacher. My advice would be to read recent threads in which he has participated at blackjacktournaments.com (don't need to be a member there to do this), ask for a few more opinions from those there who have interacted with him (PMs are called "conversations" there and are available to all members) and most importantly, interact with Bughouse directly in order to form your own opinion before agreeing to part with your money.

    I encourage BughouseMASTER to continue learning and I encourage others who are interested to learn the way he is doing, which is by engaging the knowledgeable experts at blackjacktournaments.com

  3. #13


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    I thought about it for a while before posting this, but I can't stay silent while BughouseMASTER continues to represent himself as an AUTHORITY (his emphasis) on blackjack tournament strategy. I'll make my comments as fair as I can and remind everyone that this is my opinion only.

    He is a fairly new member at blacktournaments.com where I and a few other members have had quite a bit of private interaction with him in addition to public discussions on the forum. While he has admittedly had some recent success, and is actively engaged in learning more there, he is, in my opinion, only starting to scratch the surface when it comes to blackjack tournament knowledge. I believe that he is sincere in his desire to learn but, at this stage, it is my opinion that he is vastly overconfident in his abilities.

    Now, everyone has the right to offer services for whatever price they deem fair. But as a potential student, it is difficult to vet the value of the lessons and the credentials of the teacher. My advice would be to read recent threads in which he has participated at blackjacktournaments.com (don't need to be a member there to do this), ask for a few more opinions from those there who have interacted with him (PMs are called "conversations" there and are available to all members) and most importantly, interact with Bughouse directly in order to form your own opinion before agreeing to part with your money.

    I encourage BughouseMASTER to continue learning and I encourage others who are interested to learn the way he is doing, which is by engaging the knowledgeable experts at blackjacktournaments.com
    Gronbog,

    I merely responded the way I did bec of the insulting words that dalmatian said. I was hoping you were smart enough to know that I wasn't being serious... but sad to see that you did not detect the sarcasm in my post. Of course I ask questions -- that's part of improving my blackjack tournament play!

    And from the already 5 students that I already actively have and teach, obviously they find great value in a meager $25/hr from the knowledge I have already provided them... now you are more then welcome to charge what YOU want, but I don't appreciate you trying to dissway future students from me!

  4. #14


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post

    He is a fairly new member at blacktournaments.com
    That's a grossly incorrect statement. I've been a member for nearly 9 years! How in God's name can anyone interpret that as a "fairly new member"?

    Member Since:Aug 12, 2011


    Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    I can't stay silent while BughouseMASTER continues to represent himself as an AUTHORITY (his emphasis) on blackjack tournament strategy.


    Really? And how exactly am I doing so? Just because I posted a couple links as mere proof that I am who I say I am since Zeebabar doubted me and I proved and didn't bullshit the 1st & 2nd place finishes I claimed I had (out of only 3 tourneys!) since Dec. 2019? Other than that, my only other posts were simply stating a fact of how inexpensive $25/hr is to win a potential 600x more than that, as well as giving my opinion on the huge value of a $100 entry tourney for a chance to win a portion of $25K+.

    So based on the above, I dont see how I "continue to represent myself as an AUTHORITY" on blackjack tournament strategy!
    Last edited by BughouseMASTER; 04-06-2020 at 12:27 PM.

  5. #15


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    That's a grossly incorrect statement. I've been a member for nearly 9 years! How in God's name can anyone interpret that as a "fairly new member"?

    Member Since:Aug 12, 2011
    Fair enough, but only 280 posts, most of them very recent, which says that you have been sincere in learning and improving recently.

    Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    I dont see how I "continue to represent myself as an AUTHORITY" on blackjack tournament strategy!
    You've said it more than once.

    Zee asked, I held my tongue, but you kept repeating it so I responded.

  6. #16
    Banned or Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    329


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Dude, you just outed yourself...anonymity is essential for AP longevity. I'll do you a favor and not your post your photos, website, or youtube channel...but take that shit down.
    Last edited by Wave; 04-06-2020 at 11:05 PM.

  7. #17
    Random number herder Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The mote in God's eye
    Posts
    10,611
    Blog Entries
    59


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    OK, twice is spamming.
    "Croyez ceux qui cherchent la vérité, doutez de ceux qui la trouvent." --André Gide

  8. #18


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    You didn't talk about slot tournaments -- the most completely MINDLESS exercise in the history of gaming!! High-level strategy: limber up your fingers and learn to press the button as fast as you can. Don
    I only play slots tournaments when they are free. However, I wonder "how fast" one has to hit the button? :-) All those hittings while the wheel is still in motion are useless.
    G Man

  9. #19


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I only play slots tournaments when they are free. However, I wonder "how fast" one has to hit the button? :-) All those hittings while the wheel is still in motion are useless.
    Same here. I've done some free slot tournaments. As long as you're hitting the button faster than the "wheels" cycle and reset for the next spin, I don't think it matters. You are only going to get so many rounds per unit time.

  10. #20


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Any advantage would come from getting the reels restarted more quickly than average after each spin. Just hammering away accomplishes this effectively. On older machines with physical reels, it was easy to pause between spins. On the newer video machines, things seem to move faster.

    The sessions don't last long, so I just hammer away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Probability-Related Question
    By mp13 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2018, 05:15 PM
  2. More to Study - Not exactly BJ related
    By Bodarc in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2015, 04:07 AM
  3. Bettie: Vegas-related books
    By Bettie in forum Las Vegas Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.