See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a good game, lol..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    IDK about you but I'm still waiting for the actual FB posting citing this supposed tournament in the first place. But a 6x profit is quite weak either way.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/4862...8128214332180/

Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
    Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Did you read something different from what I read? $10 entry fee; chance to win $70. You write that a lottery requires a prize! One of us is missing something! Then you write, IF he did it without the buy-in, etc. But he didn't write it that way! So, how can you fault anything I wrote? What sense are you making?

Don
    You incorrectly assumed I was finding fault, I was not. I was, instead, providing an alternative that would legally permit a competion between players...the winner having the highest chip count at the end of play and the satisfaction gained from winning.

To answer Zee's question, this is very much like the typical cruise ship tournament and, if the prize pool was a bit bigger, a skilled tournament player can do very well at these -- especially if the tournament will be held repeatedly over a period of time. The main reason is that your opponents usually have no tournament experience and therefore either have no strategy at all or believe that counting will give them an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by gayandlovingit View Post
    given the minimum bet and spread cap, $500 is ridiculously insignificant to think your counting advantage can beat sheer luck
    You're half way there. Counting is useless, but it's not sheer luck. It's mostly about strategic betting strategy and to a lesser extent about making strategic playing strategy deviations during the end game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12