See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good game, lol..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Is this a good game, lol..

Found this...

Hey everyone! I'm hosting a virtual blackjack tournament via Zoom online if anyone is interested Your $10 can get you $70! $10 per person buy-in goes to the pot
    Venmo: @Jimmy-Schaub
    Cash app: $JimmySchaub
    Each player receives $500 in chips with no cash value
    Min bet: $25
    Max bet: $250
    If you do not have enough chips to meet the min bet you can still qualify to win the pot but will not be able to play the round.
    10 rounds of play. Seats 1-7 are filled in order of who enters the chat first. A dice will be rolled until the result matches an occupied seat and that player receives the "dealer" button and will wager their bet amount first. The dealer button goes to the next seat in clockwise rotation after each round. After 10 rounds the bankroll of each player will be added up and the player with the most chips wins the pot. 6 decks. Players can double on ANY 2 cards. Blackjack pays 2 to 1. There will be NO INSURANCE. Surrender will not be allowed. Players may split cards including aces up to 3 times for a total of 4 hands. Split aces get only one card, no Black Jack payout. All other splits are played out one hand at a time. Players can double down on split cards. Partial doubling is not allowed. Dealer stands on soft 17. No re-buys will be allowed. I recommend connecting by wifi. You are responsible for your own connection. If a player cannot be reached for a play decision we will wait 1-2 minutes before your buy-in is forfeited. For any situations not covered here we will try to make the decision that is the most fair to the game and all players and if a dispute arises we will sort it out by a vote amongst the players with the dealer being the tie breaker if there is a tie.

Banned or Suspended

Is it possible to observe the tournament without being a participant?

Hmmm. Promoting gambling across state lines!! Felony. Makes no difference if he returns all the money or not. In the case of the latter, it's a lottery, and doing that across state lines is illegal as well.

Don

Banned or Suspended

If he did it without the buy in and assigned all players an equal number of chips to start with and there was no prize, then it would not be gambling and the players would be playing for pride/fun/entertainment/practice/etc., which might be of interest to those with a competitive streak...or boredom.

Lotteries require prize, consideration and chance so it would not be a lottery either.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1302
    Last edited by Wave; 04-03-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Was posted on Facebook blackjack page.

Damn. Had I seen it earlier I woulda prob entered given that I've won 20K in the last 3 Blackjack tournaments I've competed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Was posted on Facebook blackjack page.
    could you post the exact link where you saw it? thx

Banned or Suspended

Oh well...I don't do Facebook.

Here is more..

Tiffany Harris Jimmy Schaub is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Jimmy Schaub's Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/3506097275...5mYJ6uTYJxhUhg

Meeting ID: 350 609 7275
    Password: blackjack

given the minimum bet and spread cap, $500 is ridiculously insignificant to think your counting advantage can beat sheer luck

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Here is more..

Tiffany Harris Jimmy Schaub is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Jimmy Schaub's Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/3506097275...5mYJ6uTYJxhUhg

Meeting ID: 350 609 7275
    Password: blackjack
    Where is the actual FB page advertising the tournament? Because I could not find it on a search of my own... I'm always interested
    in Blackjack tournaments. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    If he did it without the buy in and assigned all players an equal number of chips to start with and there was no prize, then it would not be gambling and the players would be playing for pride/fun/entertainment/practice/etc., which might be of interest to those with a competitive streak...or boredom.

Lotteries require prize, consideration and chance so it would not be a lottery either.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1302
    Did you read something different from what I read? $10 entry fee; chance to win $70. You write that a lottery requires a prize! One of us is missing something! Then you write, IF he did it without the buy-in, etc. But he didn't write it that way! So, how can you fault anything I wrote? What sense are you making?

Don

IDK about you but I'm still waiting for the actual FB posting citing this supposed tournament in the first place. But a 6x profit is quite weak either way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast