See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can The Law of Diminishing Returns Apply to Blackjack?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    Btw, the last time I was posting here, I thought you had me on ignore. Sounds like you need to put me back on ignore
    There are some other forum functions that get messed up when people are on Ignore, so when I realized you got tired of your trolling and took your nonsense elsewhere, I cleared the list. If you plan on staying around and professing your stupidity here, I will place you back on Ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Freightman, then if true4 is different at different penetration levels, then how significantly do you increase a true4 bet if the true4 occurred after 1/2 deck in a DD game with 1.5 penetration and one with 1/2 deck remaining?
    My comments were not in relation to Floating advantage, which is what your question is inferring. I was referring to the concentration of high, low and intermediate card groupings. So, I’ll try to answer both scenarios.

DD, 26 cards played, no floating advantage. Your regular true 4 bet.
    DD, 78 cards played, last hand, heads up. Your RC is 2. Assume .5 house edge. True 4 normally equates to 1.5% advantage, but you’re closer to 2% advantage, or true 5 equivalent. What’s your true 5 bet? Notwithstanding your ramp which is weak, the actual betting structure is actually pretty easy to figure out on a manual basis, which is a story for a different day.

Now, as for quality of true count, assume 26 cards left as above, RC of 6, true is 12, playing hi lo, workout the various numbers of high and low cards required to produce true 12 by varying the number of 7,8 and 9’s.

Last post for a while. Need to get my go bag ready for my next trip.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Okay all you pseudo experts (Actual experts like Mr. Schlesinger and Mr. Wattenberger are also invited to respond. Oh what the Hell, fuck it, even Mr. Snyder, Mr. Renzy, Mr Vancura, Mr. Fuchs, Mr. Thorpe, Mr. Jacobsen, and Mr. Grosjean...or anyone else I left out...are invited to respond...but I have no anticipation that any of them will for what ever reason) that keep telling me I am wrong about the LDR and its appication to blackjack, but can not explain why there is no statistically significant difference between the Hourly EV for the sim results I posted in my OP to this thread, here is my challenge. If you know so much about the game, it should be easy for you to identify which sim results were obtained using a 50 unit, 60 unit, 100 unit, 150 unit, 1000 unit, 1M unit, or 10M unit shoe bankroll for the 6 deck shoe game detailed in my OP for this thread. If you can correctly identify which shoe bankroll produced which sim results...AND explain why there is no statistically significant difference between the sim results, I'll drop the topic.

I am certainly not claiming to be an expert, in fact I am far from an expert, but I can run sims and read their results. If I were an expert I would not be asking this question because I would know the answer. But, in the absence of a logical explanation for why there is no statistically significant difference between sim results, I can only conclude that there is no statistically significant difference and the 50 unit shoe bankroll does produce the same results as the 10M shoe bankroll, to include Hourly EV.

Sim TBA IBA DI SCORE N0 Factor 1K U ROR
    A .617 .701 5.09 25.94 38,552 1.038 .61
    B .618 .702 5.10 26.06 38,377 1.042 .60
    C .617 .701 5.10 25.98 38,487 1.039 .61
    D .617 .701 5.09 25.96 38,522 1.039 .61
    E .617 .701 5.10 25.97 38,505 1.039 .61
    F .617 .701 5.10 25.97 38,509 1.039 .61
    G .616 .700 5.08 25.85 38,678 1.034 .62
    Last edited by Wave; 04-07-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Okay all you pseudo experts (actual experts like Mr. Schlesinger and Mr. Wattenberger are also invited to respond...but I have no anticipation that they will for what ever reason) that keep telling me I am wrong about the LDR and its appication to blackjack, but can not explain why there is no significant statistical difference between the Hourly EV for the sim results I posted in my OP to this thread, here is my challenge. If you know so much about the game, it should be easy for you to identify which sim results were obtained using a 50 unit, 60 unit, 100 unit, 150 unit, 1000 unit, 1M unit, or 10M unit shoe bankroll for the 6 deck shoe game detailed in my OP for this thread. If you can correctly identify which shoe bankroll produced which sim results...AND explain why there is no statistically significant difference between the sim results, I'll drop the topic.

I am certainly not claiming to be an expert, in fact I am far from an expert, but I can run sims and read their results. If I were an expert I would not be asking this question because I would know the answer. But, in the absence of a logical explanation for why there is no statistical difference between sim results, I can only conclude that there is no difference and the 50 unit shoe bankroll does produce the same results as the 10M shoe bankroll, to include Hourly EV.

Sim TBA IBA DI SCORE N0 Factor 1K U ROR
    A .617 .701 5.09 25.94 38,552 1.038 .61
    B .618 .702 5.10 26.06 38,377 1.042 .60
    C .617 .701 5.10 25.98 38,487 1.039 .61
    D .617 .701 5.09 25.96 38,522 1.039 .61
    E .617 .701 5.10 25.97 38,505 1.039 .61
    F .617 .701 5.10 25.97 38,509 1.039 .61
    G .616 .700 5.08 25.85 38,678 1.034 .62
    Wow this forum has really gone to shit lately. With newbies taking over again. And nothing but nonsense threads.
    Last edited by Counting_Is_Fun; 04-07-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Wow this forum has really gone to shit lately. With newbies taking over again. And nothing but nonsense threads.
    Pseudo expert fail number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    I used ODPs and a 1:4 bet ramp of $25:$100.
    What does ODPs stand for? I think it means sometimes Wonging out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    My comments were not in relation to Floating advantage, which is what your question is inferring.
    His question didn't infer anything; it implied. YOU did the inferring.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Freightman, then if true4 is different at different penetration levels, then how significantly do you increase a true4 bet if the true4 occurred after 1/2 deck in a DD game with 1.5 penetration and one with 1/2 deck remaining?
    ZeeBabar, the day before you made the above post you started your own thread on apparently the exact same subject, why the need for the same type of question here? If the question that you asked in your own thread was not sufficient enough to clear it up satisfactorily for you, you could have just reworded it differently in your own thread.

If nothing else, at least this thread shows us the dangers of incorrectly interpreting statistics.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I’m not gonna run through sims myself to confirm but my suspicion is that on a poor penetration, six deck, surrender game in which you’re only spreading one to four... you’re not going to lose more than the 50 units in a shoe very often regardless (unless you go max bet super early at true 2 or something)... so that’s going to lead to the results you’re seeing

If you use a spread that will generate a more substantial edge/ hourly, like at least one to 10... and you only show up at the table with 50 units as opposed to 100 then the results will be far more dramatic

Regardless... it’s never advisable to shuffle away a situation in which you have an edge, for one in which you don’t have an edge

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ding ding ding @rattler

@wave you should quit blackjack. Just stop.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by anc View Post
    If nothing else, at least this thread shows us the dangers of incorrectly interpreting statistics.
    That's why I keep asking for an explanation of this phenomena, hoping someone out there can provide one, but to date no one has been able to. Saying, basically, you must keep betting in + counts because you have the advantage does not explain the sim results, especially when considering hands won % actually drops as the count rises; the advantage from higher counts is not due to an increase in winning hands %, it is due to more blackjacks with higher 3:2 payouts and better DD and SP opportunities. It also does not recognize Mean W $/% and SD for a measurable event with only 3 possible outcomes...winning shoe, losing shoe, or push shoe. It can't be insufficient sample size or biased sample because each sim measured 10.2B hands. There has to be an explanation for the lack of statistically significant difference between the efficiency measures and Hourly EV win rates between the sim results and shoe bankrolls, but no one seems to be able to identify what it is. In the absence of said explanation I'm inclined to trust the sim data and conclude there is no statistically significant difference since that is the method by which we are able to determine advantage and index plays.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler1 View Post
    I’m not gonna run through sims myself to confirm but my suspicion is that on a poor penetration, six deck, surrender game in which you’re only spreading one to four... you’re not going to lose more than the 50 units in a shoe very often regardless (unless you go max bet super early at true 2 or something)... so that’s going to lead to the results you’re seeing

If you use a spread that will generate a more substantial edge/ hourly, like at least one to 10... and you only show up at the table with 50 units as opposed to 100 then the results will be far more dramatic

Regardless... it’s never advisable to shuffle away a situation in which you have an edge, for one in which you don’t have an edge
    Finally, this is a start, thank you...and thank you again. Next series of sims will be with a larger spread. Thank you once again.
    Last edited by Wave; 04-07-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast