Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Will the coronavirus be the catalyst to bring back wide scale 3-2?

  1. #11


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by cc12b View Post
    Even the 3/2 bj is back in main stream the casinos will do more like to raise their surveillance to catch AP, they are not stupid to let APs drain their coffers.
    this would be pretty stupid of them actually , but most casinos are run by idiots so this is likely true.

  2. #12
    Senior Member JBourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Not near the ocean.
    Posts
    126


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I don’t see why anything would change. A casino will need to focus on generating revenue at their best margin when they open. They will promote the most gamble from the widest audience that they can, but I don’t think they will change the games. Additionally, they will spend as little as possible to get running again. I’m sure printing a bunch of new table felts (that reduce their margin) just Isn’t going to happen. If people are dumb enough to play 6:5 before they are dumb enough to do it again.

  3. #13


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Are the ploppies aware of the difference the changes from 3:2 to 6:5 made ? I'm not certain they did. If they didn't then why should they change back ?

    I would like to think it would go back to 3:2 but somehow I think we've all let it slide for too long now. If APs had been more proactive right from the get go advertising widely the negative effects of the changes I think things may have been different...

  4. #14


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ummagumma View Post
    Are the ploppies aware of the difference the changes from 3:2 to 6:5 made ?
    Like those who ignore social distancing, Darwin takes his toll.

    Casinos haven't yet figured out it makes no difference. Their bottom line hasn't improved since the 6:5 pandemic. Pennsylvania is the second highest grossing gambling state in the country and they're all 3:2, and PA doesn't have a particularly large number of casinos.

  5. #15


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Like those who ignore social distancing, Darwin takes his toll.

    Casinos haven't yet figured out it makes no difference. Their bottom line hasn't improved since the 6:5 pandemic. Pennsylvania is the second highest grossing gambling state in the country and they're all 3:2, and PA doesn't have a particularly large number of casinos.
    True PA casinos are all 3:2, but I read they have particularly tight slots, which may offset lower bj revenues.

  6. #16


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JBourne View Post
    I don’t see why anything would change. A casino will need to focus on generating revenue at their best margin when they open. They will promote the most gamble from the widest audience that they can, but I don’t think they will change the games. Additionally, they will spend as little as possible to get running again. I’m sure printing a bunch of new table felts (that reduce their margin) just Isn’t going to happen. If people are dumb enough to play 6:5 before they are dumb enough to do it again.
    A LOT will be changing. In particular, the number of ploppies playing. You don't go from 3.5% unemployment to 30% and not have the casino's revenues taking a big hit. A lot of small businesses will not come back. GS just said likely 15% unemployment into fall. The casinos had better be proactive to get customers. Cruise ships, airlines, casinos and restaurants. All industries will be hurt for a long time.

  7. #17


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeplisskin View Post
    True PA casinos are all 3:2, but I read they have particularly tight slots, which may offset lower bj revenues.
    I haven't looked up the numbers, but I think that's because their tax rate is extremely high compared with other states.

  8. #18


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerCA View Post
    It is my observation that Degenerates are typically drawn to games where the pay out is many multiples of the original wager. 3 card poker because of the bonus bets (Pair Plus and 6 Card Bonus).
    Just look at the house edge of side bets of any game and degenerates like it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Coronavirus Map
    By Midwest Player in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2020, 05:52 PM
  2. I'm gonna stay away from Casino b/c of Coronavirus
    By BJcountingmaster in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-11-2020, 05:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.