Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the most money you've lost to avoid heat?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

What is the most money you've lost to avoid heat?

Quite a few AP Card Counter people on here have admitted they purposely lost money in Blackjack to look like a Ploppy and avoid heat. What is the most money you have lost in attempts to look like a Ploppy and avoud Heat?

No AP in their right mind loses money on purpose (i.e., making incorrect plays to lose). Perhaps you're confusing it with leaving a table during a stretch of negative variance and "locking in a loss." There's a big difference.

Isn't OP referring to a cover play? And haven't AP's noted that they utilize cover plays during heat? ie, not min betting during a bad count, starting off a fresh shoe with a non-min bet, adhering to BS. You could reasonably argue that every time you don't split 10s when the indices call for it, you're purposefully losing money

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Newbie View Post
    Quite a few AP Card Counter people on here have admitted they purposely lost money in Blackjack to look like a Ploppy and avoid heat. What is the most money you have lost in attempts to look like a Ploppy and avoud Heat?
    Norm, should have taken the trade you offered of your membership for reinstatement of a banned member.

Quote Originally Posted by gayandlovingit View Post
    Isn't OP referring to a cover play? And haven't AP's noted that they utilize cover plays during heat? ie, not min betting during a bad count, starting off a fresh shoe with a non-min bet, adhering to BS.
    No the OP was talking about deliberately losing money because of the fact that she has no idea what the meaning of cover play is as related to blackjack.

You could reasonably argue that every time you don't split 10s when the indices call for it, you're purposefully losing money
    Just as you could reasonably argue that you are losing money if you are not allowed to play.

oh so the question's invalid bc of their posting history?

oh so the question's invalid bc of their posting history?
    No, the original question was rather ridiculous because of the wording.
    Last edited by BoSox; 03-25-2020 at 11:33 AM.

im legitimately impressed with your strict adherence to literal interpretation. i myself would find that gimmick exhausting but kudos to you

im legitimately impressed with your strict adherence to literal interpretation. i myself would find that gimmick exhausting but kudos to you
    Could you tell me if my strict adherence to a literal interpretation is correct on this one, are you trying to make a political statement with your choice of a handle?
    Last edited by BoSox; 03-25-2020 at 11:55 AM.

oh dang u lost me, how does politics tie in to being gay

oh dang u lost me, how does politics tie in to being gay
    There is still plenty of political disagreements out there when the gay movement subject is brought up. Your handle just substantiates the point.

Isn't OP referring to a cover play? And haven't AP's noted that they utilize cover plays during heat? ie, not min betting during a bad count, starting off a fresh shoe with a non-min bet, adhering to BS. You could reasonably argue that every time you don't split 10s when the indices call for it, you're purposefully losing money
    Not minimum betting during a negative count is “not losing on purpose”. You have your spread and you play it. If my spread is $10-$100 and I sit at a $5 table, keep the same spread, I am not deliberately losing money. Deliberately losing money is to place a bet and then stand on a 12 against a 10 when the count is positive. Deliberately losing money is splitting 6’s against a 10. Deliberately losing money is to hit a 16 with your max bet out against a dealer 5.

AP’s don’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Not minimum betting during a negative count is “not losing on purpose”. You have your spread and you play it. If my spread is $10-$100 and I sit at a $5 table, keep the same spread, I am not deliberately losing money. Deliberately losing money is to place a bet and then stand on a 12 against a 10 when the count is positive. Deliberately losing money is splitting 6’s against a 10. Deliberately losing money is to hit a 16 with your max bet out against a dealer 5.

AP’s don’t do it.
    What you're describing are all varying degrees of negative EV, whether it's a small negative EV (playing $10 instead of $5 during negative counts), or a large one (hit a 16 with max bet out against a dealer 5).

What's the EV threshold that demarcates cover play from losing on purpose?

For luck?
    -brick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast