See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non ZbZj financial advice needed..

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptc View Post
    Hedge the stocks with covered put options? We’re a long way from the bottom.
    You are telling a 70+ year old guy with a financial advisor who is worrying about asset allocations at the bond/equity level to start trading options to hedge positions. This is like asking you car mechanic to do brain surgery. Really bad advice.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Stealth - lately you've been posting what I've been thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    You are telling a 70+ year old guy with a financial advisor who is worrying about asset allocations at the bond/equity level to start trading options to hedge positions. This is like asking you car mechanic to do brain surgery. Really bad advice.
    Yes, my mode of operation is to try not to become a mechanic. I place my trust in people and follow their advice, I don’t try to understand how they arrived at the advice.

Some people get upset, call me lazy, tell me to do my own research etc. I do my research to decide who I can trust, make the decision to trust that person and then simply follow their advice. Thus, I post a question and wait for one of the ones I trust to give me their opinion.

If I am not sure or uncertain whether I should follow someone’s advice, I don’t try to do research, Zi go ask for a second opinion. Thus, I posted what my financial advisor suggested and when people Ai trust verified her advice, Zi followed it.

Well the last two days were green anyway, maybe we'll see a third.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Yes, my mode of operation is to try not to become a mechanic. I place my trust in people and follow their advice, I don’t try to understand how they arrived at the advice.

Some people get upset, call me lazy, tell me to do my own research etc. I do my research to decide who I can trust, make the decision to trust that person and then simply follow their advice. Thus, I post a question and wait for one of the ones I trust to give me their opinion.

If I am not sure or uncertain whether I should follow someone’s advice, I don’t try to do research, Zi go ask for a second opinion. Thus, I posted what my financial advisor suggested and when people Ai trust verified her advice, Zi followed it.
    Well, she said don’t sell and suggested buying more stock. That’s not what you did. When the stock market is high people want in. Conversely, when the stock market is low people want out. I’m not sure why that is because it’s the exact opposite of common sense. I’ve heard it described as FOMO (fear of missing out) and FOTU (fear of the unknown).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123