Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    A huge population has no health insurance
    But they have the latest iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    But they have the latest iPhone.
    I don't.

I have an Android and every month I go to pay the bill, I get bothered into upgrading. Until this one dies, I'll keep it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Americans are different. A huge population has no health insurance, can barely afford medications, ration themselves and not take required medicines...
    ...In a land where health insurance is required, decisions will be made on coverage ability.
    So basically, America can't provide basic health care for it's citizens, even in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.

And it's going to be far more economically costly for everyone.

Meanwhile what's the military budget? Freedom right?

Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    So basically, America can't provide basic health care for it's citizens, even in a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.

And it's going to be far more economically costly for everyone.

Meanwhile what's the military budget? Freedom right?
    Military expenditure is 68% of government budget.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    Many Canadians think the Canadian healthcare system either can't meet their needs, don't want to wait for their needs to be addressed, or simply prefer the US system...so, is the Canadian healthcare system really meeting the needs of all Canadians? Ummm...no.

With all due respect, "people in glass houses..."

No healthcare system is perfect, including Canada's, so don't start country bashing.

"...Statistics Canada estimates that Canadians spent $690 million on health care abroad in 2017, up from $447 million in 2013...."

https://torontosun.com/news/national...ays-new-report
    Last edited by Wave; 03-19-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Did not mean to offend folks. The US has an excellent health care system in many regards, all have their pros and cons.

I simply wanted to make the point to Zee that testing could be done if the will and funding was put towards it.

Banned or Suspended

Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Many Canadians think the Canadian healthcare system either can't meet their needs, don't want to wait for their needs to be addressed, or simply prefer the US system...so, is the Canadian healthcare system really meeting the needs of all Canadians? Ummm...no.

With all due respect, "people in glass houses..."b(

No healthcare system is perfect, including Canada's, so don't start country bashing.

"...Statistics Canada estimates that Canadians spent $690 million on health care abroad in 2017, up from $447 million in 2013...."

Bullshit! If you want scientific studies, this one will show which one is better, Canada..
    https://www.who.int/healthinfo/paper30.pdf

You can also check out others..Based on the latest report, the following countries were found to have the best healthcare:

How exciting, which translates to BFD. A sum of money equating to approx .25% of the country’s 200 billion dollar plus health care budget. Most of that out of country sum is boutique care. When the system needs to work right now, it works - right now.

Nobody in this country is denied quality health care because they can’t afford it, or don’t have the proper insurance. For myself, I’ve had my health issues that have had me, more than once, jump the que. Not based on money, rather based on need.

With regards to the current crisis, elective surgeries have been cancelled in the interim (including my cataracts that were scheduled for next week). As well, our Provincial Government has just pumped an additional $500 million into health care. We are dealing with this crisis in a very responsible manner.

Health care is funded by tax dollars and other revenue generating initiatives.

Our provincial Chief Health care Doctor, like other Provincial Governments, are giving daily briefings on this dynamically changing issue. We don’t fuck around here.

You’re right - no health system is perfect, but ours is about as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    elective surgeries have been cancelled in the interim (including my cataracts that were scheduled for next week).
    What was the time frame from when your doc said, "let's schedule cataract surgery" to the date of surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    What was the time frame from when your doc said, "let's schedule cataract surgery" to the date of surgery?
    About 3 months. It was originally scheduled for May or June, but there was a cancellation.

Interestingly enough, because if history, I was referred to an internist who needed to clear me. That added a month or so.

Banned or Suspended

Just exactly where did I say one healthcare system was better than the other? I didn't...what I did say was "no healthcare system is perfect...", which is much different than saying one is better than the other.
    Last edited by Wave; 03-19-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Just exactly where did I say one healthcare system was better than the other? I didn't...what I did say was "no healthcare system is perfect...", which is much different than saying one is better than the other.
    I beg to differ. You selected an article and used it to put down the system in Canada. I pointed out where the USA ranks in comparison to other western countries.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast