See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 virus

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Pasteur’s Germ Theory of disease is a thing to me and I life that way. Pathogens can lead to disease. But to most Americans that is bullshit!!! Reason why the U.S have the most coronavirus infections.
    or just compare the disparity of US air traffic with other parts of the world (china excluded): https://www.flightradar24.com/30.55,-80.23/4

"If it's public health versus the economy, the only choice is public health. You cannot put a value on human life. You do the right thing. That's what Pop taught us".
    -New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

No matter how rich a person is they can't escape death.

"If it's public health versus the economy, the only choice is public health. You cannot put a value on human life. You do the right thing. That's what Pop taught us".
    -New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

No matter how rich a person is they can't escape death.
    Except that they live a lot longer in much greater comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Except that they live a lot longer in much greater comfort...
    Not if the rich keep making enemies. Some people will spend their whole life to revenge and cut it even, like me. Especially, during a crisis and if that person is younger and the other person is older.

Some people will spend their whole life to revenge and cut it even, like me
    boy that seems exhausting. how many people you got living rent-free in your head?

Quote Originally Posted by gayandlovingit View Post
    boy that seems exhausting. how many people you got living rent-free in your head?
    Said it perfectly! Once, a patient, a middle aged nurse, was studying law while working a full time job and had a young kid. I asked her why and what motivated her and she said her ex-husband had called her “dumb” and “stupid” often, she was going to show him! So now, feeling miserable and unhappy, feeling guilt that she could not give her son the time he deserved, she had come in for therapy.

I told her the same thing, letting people live in your head, that by the time she found success, her spouse may be dead or moved to another state.

The sooner bad events, encounters are forgotten, the sooner we can move on...

What I like about the COVID-19 is that it shows no "favors". You get infected regardless if you are rich or poor, famous or infamous. That's the way it should be. Other people or thing might show favors but the coronavirus doesn't.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 04-13-2020 at 08:24 PM.

What I like about the COVID-19 is that it shows no "favors". You get infected regardless if you are rich or poor, famous or infamous. That's the way it should be. Other people or thing might show favors but the coronavirus doesn't.
    Not true. Statistics show that far more poor people are getting it, far more minorities too. In practice, the poor and the minorities get killed more, be it gun violence or Covid-19 or wars.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Not true. Statistics show that far more poor people are getting it, far more minorities too. In practice, the poor and the minorities get killed more, be it gun violence or Covid-19 or wars.
    Firstly, I am not referring to more or less. Given the equal amount of rich and equal amount of poors. The COVID-19 is not showing favor to the rich. Secondly, where are your statistics? Citations needed regarding the statistics. Let's see it!
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 04-13-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Secondly, where are your statistics? Citations needed regarding the statistics. Let's see it!
    Take your pick. https://www.google.com/search?client...+19+minorities

Blog Entries

The statistics have been widely reported and are striking.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    Okay, but that was not what I was referring to in my original post anyways. What I was referring to was if both (that person could rich or poor) populations both were in close contact with someone with COVID-19. They are going to get infected with the COVID-19. The COVID-19 not going to not infect someone because they are rich. I am not talking about numbers (more or less people).
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 04-14-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Okay, but that was not what I was referring to in my original post anyways. What I was referring to was if both (that person could rich or poor) populations both were in close contact with someone with COVID-19. They are going to get infected with the COVID-19. The COVID-19 not going to not infect someone because they are rich. I am not talking about numbers (more or less people).
    In what scenarios are viruses able to demarcate between the rich and poor?

While the Virus itself will infect any available host regardless of wealth, it's true that those with a higher socioeconomic status have better access to information and can afford all the appropriate safety precautions. This includes having the funds to stock up on disinfectant and other essentials, which reduces the number of times someone has to break quarantine.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast