See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 virus

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatlife View Post
    Aunt just died, fuck u corona. Mom is home but real sick.
    Did you catch it too. If so how are you doing?

Yea I caught it but I’m recovering fine just exhausted

Best wishes Goatlife for you and your family and sorry for your loss.

Really sorry to hear that and no doubt there are many such situations across the world. Less so however in Taiwan who were really well prepared after their SARS outbreak in 2003.

And what really pisses me off more than anything is that the US and us in the UK have been given crap advice by their governments. Our daily briefings actually had 'scientists' saying 'we're being guided by the science'. Fucking weird science by the looks of it. All they had to do was get advice from Taiwan as to how to deal with these situations. The problem is Taiwan is blocked from joining the WHO by China. The guy in Taiwan in charge of their health service said this right from the start: "Early travel restrictions, aggressive testing and screening of contacts and strict quarantine rules have been crucial in containing the outbreak.".

So where does that leave our 'science' ?

My condolences. Feel better.

Goatlife,

I'm very sorry to learn of your aunt's passing, and that your mother is so ill. I hope your mother and you both recover soon.

Dog Hand

Sorry for your loss Goatlife. Prayers for you.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Isn't Norm living in NYC? Does he have a succession plan? Who will maintain his software after he were to pass away? If I were Norm, I would move to Wyoming now. The Covid 19 crisis won't be over soon and will get more serious according to Dr. Anthony Fauchi.

According to Dr. Fauchi, we haven't finished stage 1 yet. Many times in his latest interviews, now he can speak freely about what he wants to see and what should have happen, he said the first step is that we have to see US death plateau then we hit reset button. We will do what is the only successful strategy against Covid 19, like in South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan did. When there is an infection case, we need to identify the source of the infection then isolate that patient until he has no virus any more. You can see it is impossible for the current US condition. So in his perfect scenario, we need to order everyone stay at home under national lockdown for like one month. Let those who already infected either die or fully recovered. Then we can hit the reset button and proceed to stage 2. But his recommendation won't be carried out unless Americans see more deaths. So this crisis will be stretched much longer than people imagine now.

Quote Originally Posted by ummagumma View Post
    "Early travel restrictions, aggressive testing and screening of contacts and strict quarantine rules have been crucial in containing the outbreak.".

So where does that leave our 'science' ?
    You're correct. Confining the virus initially would have been the best approach. Avoidance beats treatment every time.
    However, we are still left with the need to avoid further dissemination of the disease while simultaneously treating those who are ill.
    I'm unaware of what ithe UK is doing, but the US is presently advocating avoidance, contact follow-up, and isolation of those suspected of having the virus.
    Scientists are working on treatment options and vaccines.

Thanks for everyone’s best wishes

First Covid 19 infected Tiger

Nadia, a 4 year old Tiger at the Bronx zoo in New York has tested positive for Covid-19.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    In India, a farmer made his 20 sheep the face masks. The sheep get taken off the face mask only only when feeding. He said the twenty sheep are all the property he has.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    In India, a farmer made his 20 sheep the face masks. The sheep get taken off the face mask only only when feeding. He said the twenty sheep are all the property he has.
    Pasteur’s Germ Theory of disease is a thing to me and I life that way. Pathogens can lead to disease. But to most Americans that is bullshit!!! Reason why the U.S have the most coronavirus infections.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast