See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: To Wong or not to Wong

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

To Wong or not to Wong

Hey guys, (relatively) new counter here seeking some wonging advice:

So I practiced counting (BS, Ill18 plus some, etc) for ~6 months before hitting my local shop for the first time just over one month ago with my measley $500 BR. In 48hrs of play in the last month, I've grown my BR to just shy of $2900. I know the variance gods are looking down on me, but I'm wondering if it's best to continue the grind of wonging in at +1-1.5 to reduce ROR or if its safe to start just sitting at the $10 table and playing my $10-60 bet spread from the top of the shoe. For context, my local shop has an 8deck game with a 0.374 house edge

Thanks.

Keep wonging in, it's why you have the results.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjr View Post

So I practiced counting (BS, Ill18 plus some, etc) for ~6 months before hitting my local shop for the first time just over one month ago with my measley $500 BR. In 48hrs of play in the last month, I've grown my BR to just shy of $2900. I know the variance gods are looking down on me, but I'm wondering if it's best to continue the grind of wonging in at +1-1.5 to reduce ROR or if its safe to start just sitting at the $10 table and playing my $10-60 bet spread from the top of the shoe. For context, my local shop has an 8deck game with a 0.374 house edge

Thanks.
    .374 HA? state the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    .374 HA? state the rules.
    .374%, yeah. BJA website even says its .335%
    8deck, S17, DAS, NSA, split up to 4 hands, LS, 0.5-1 pen

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Thanks.
    If wonging is working for you, and the heat is minimal, then just keep at it. I personally don't do it since I don't feel comfortable doing so. However, between the 2 of us I'm more likely to lose all my money since I'm putting up with horrible counts.

Good luck to you!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Wong in/out as much as you can get away with without looking too weird doing it. Depending what your edge is at +1, you might consider waiting until +2 to wong in.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    With only 50 max bets you are over betting your bankroll. Reduce your max bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    With only 50 max bets you are over betting your bankroll. Reduce your max bet.
    I’m at $3700 now. Could you recommend a decent bet spread that could keep my ROR less than 20%?

You should lower your bankroll to $3600 and buy a sim to calculate this yourself if you are serious about counting

Quote Originally Posted by Tetn1s View Post
    You should lower your bankroll to $3600 and buy a sim to calculate this yourself if you are serious about counting
    Fair enough. Any software recommendations? I see talk of CVCX a lot in the community.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post

I have a Mac :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    hWong in/out as much as you can get away with without looking too weird doing it. Depending what your edge is at +1, you might consider waiting until +2 to wong in.
    Sage advise, it’s a grind and will be boring at times but will minimize your Wong out ocurrences. Also you better build some thick skin as this will cause ploppy heat with the sacred flow of cards.

I have a Mac :-(
    Then buy a cheap PC with your winnings. CVCX pays for itself really quick green chipping and above. It will help you get there quicker.