Thread: Laughlin to Hoover Dam to Vegas

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Laughlin to Hoover Dam to Vegas

I may have an opportunity to get up to Vegas after a stop at Hoover Dam. There is a couple I know real well who are planning to go to Laughlin by the charter flight and then rent a car for a couple of days, go up to Hoover Dam, and then probably up to Vegas for the night and come back the next day.

They are not much into gambling, and they would rather do other things than gamble like hiking by Hoover Dam. Now I would want to spend most of my time in Vegas gambling, but I'm afraid they might want to spend a lot of time at Hoover Dam hiking. Does anybody know if after a half hour you have pretty much seem it all at Hoover Dam? Is a trip to the dam worth it. I should mention the last time I was in Laughlin, I got terrible chafing from walking. Should I pass up this opportunity?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It depends on what you like. If you like engineering and/or WPA style art, it is a fascinating trip that can take hours. If that is not your style, then it could be deadly boring. I love visiting myself.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The Hoover dam is one of the world's most iconic landmarks and a great feat of engineering. It's also visually stunning and absolutely worth every minute of your time. I haven't been there for over 20 years but the memory of my last visit is still as strong and meaningful as ever.