See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bet spread vs rising table minimums

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Halfway through a response and realize - why am I wasting time with this pompous self aggrandizing idiotic clown. As you once so eloquently stated - you’re just a pimple on my ass.
    Back in form...he is baaaack!

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    ....As you once so eloquently stated - you’re just a pimple on my ass.
    yeah...steal my lines, buddy...i'll take it as a complement..as the saying goes: "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
    as for your ridiculous advice on this tread, freighty says:
    • bet 2.5 times table min out of the gate (hope you realize you are at a disadvantage here)
    • play as much head-to-head as possible
    • as big cards come out....reduce your bet
    • wear a sign on your forehead: I am (attempting) to count

now, for what a legit pro does (WWSD - What Would Sharky Do - I actually have one of those black n white oval signs WWSD on the back window of my Bugatti):
    • generally, play table min out of gate
    • when table min changes, ROLL WITH IT
    • 99% of time, one has to ask to be 'grandfathered' in, particularly at lower stakes
    • NEVER, EVER draw this, or any, attention to yourself (see when the PC goes on break, or changes shifts they have to point out: Shary is grandfathered in...you don't want this attention...ditto for every dealer change)
    • spread to the hills
    • win

i'll also add that I play a MUCH different game than most here....table min is just a fraction of my "unit"...read that, then read it again to comprehend

good luck

btw, I, too, play as much head-to-head as possible...just pointing out as that's all you say you play...so when you suggest that lowering your bet as the count goes negative...you have a 50-50 chance of getting all those big cards that drove the count south in h-2-h....so decreasing your bet suggests that "the dealer is getting all the big cards, while i suffer w/ neutrals and low cards"....more ploppyism....but go ahead and keep lowering your bet and wear that sign on your forehead

you are just a pimple...only reasons i remember you is your comment about getting that "snapper" - in 40 plus years I have to admit I never heard a BJ referred as such...and second, how irate you got at me for giving my honest advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    btw, I, too, play as much head-to-head as possible...just pointing out as that's all you say you play...so when you suggest that lowering your bet as the count goes negative...you have a 50-50 chance of getting all those big cards that drove the count south in h-2-h....so decreasing your bet suggests that "the dealer is getting all the big cards, while i suffer w/ neutrals and low cards"....more ploppyism....but go ahead and keep lowering your bet and wear that sign on your forehead

you are just a pimple...only reasons i remember you is your comment about getting that "snapper" - in 40 plus years I have to admit I never heard a BJ referred as such...and second, how irate you got at me for giving my honest advice
    You must be feeling fatigued by spewing all that bullshit. You’re running low. Just produce the comments you indicated, in context, or finish the replenishable bankroll scenario p, which you abandoned after being hoisted in your own petard.

Your references to opposition betting are well noted, and are certainly a big part of my arsenal. The trick is knowing when to use it, and when not to. Your all encompassing comment tells me that you take more than a few shit kickings.

In any event, I now give you the opportunity of spewing additional venom, by addressing the concept of quality of true count, especially as it pertains to opposition betting, coupled with a dual ramp betting scheme (which increases the effective spread). You might be able to figure out how that pertains to effective margin.

By the way, I don’t need to impress anyone with Bugatti comments. How garish. Mind you, I just booked a couple of suites in a resort area for my sons, their wives and my grandchildren and for myself and my wife. Blackjack paid it. Is that garish or us it simply a reflection on how I prefer to spend money.

Dribble some more if you like - you’ve already demonstrated an inability to shoot.

I’m done

Blog Entries

For crying out loud.

Closed.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12