Thread: CVCX vs BJA

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX vs BJA

I have run sims using both BJA bet simulator and CVCX using wong complete and, illustrious 18, flooring. However the RoR are off by 2.5%, Is my sim jacked? Or is there a programming difference? Is it possible to spread from 1x25 to 2x200 @tc 6 with 25k bankroll 4.5/6 and stay .1 of 1% ror?
    Thank you

I have had the same experience and am a Hi-lo flooring counter, I can’t seem to get a RoR number that I believe in, I don’t believe that the BJA rounding Hi-lo has the much difference in RoR
    "between the conception and the reality, falls the shadow "

Paraphrased: T.S. Eliot's
    The Hollow Men

Quote Originally Posted by DannyOcean View Post
    I have run sims using both BJA bet simulator and CVCX using wong complete and, illustrious 18, flooring. However the RoR are off by 2.5%, Is my sim jacked? Or is there a programming difference? Is it possible to spread from 1x25 to 2x200 @tc 6 with 25k bankroll 4.5/6 and stay .1 of 1% ror?
    Thank you
    Haven’t simmed, but much higher than .01 ror. 2x200 equates to single hand max of $300, which equates to 83 max bets. Bad variance will have you resizing in a jiffy.

Full Kelly with reasonable rules will give you a single hand max $625 bet at true 6, which is outrageously excessive on a 25k bankroll - asking for trouble.

FWIW, you’re not going to get a lot of true 6 hands playing 4.5/6.

Quote Originally Posted by BetWise21 View Post
    I have had the same experience and am a Hi-lo flooring counter, I can’t seem to get a RoR number that I believe in, I don’t believe that the BJA rounding Hi-lo has the much difference in RoR
    Something in my sim was jank I think. I'm guessing one thing is number of deviations used. There is an addition to cvcx that allows BJA deviations to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Haven’t simmed, but much higher than .01 ror. 2x200 equates to single hand max of $300, which equates to 83 max bets. Bad variance will have you resizing in a jiffy.

Full Kelly with reasonable rules will give you a single hand max $625 bet at true 6, which is outrageously excessive on a 25k bankroll - asking for trouble.

FWIW, you’re not going to get a lot of true 6 hands playing 4.5/6.

Thanks for the response. I realized my math mistakes and found better spreads for me. That's the worse case game I would play and realized I should be calculating my trip risk based on best case because I will have more money out there in those games, thus experience more variance. Advice I have received is 40-50 x max bet and the trip bankroll I calculated came out to exactly 50 max bets!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyOcean View Post
    Thanks for the response. I realized my math mistakes and found better spreads for me. That's the worse case game I would play and realized I should be calculating my trip risk based on best case because I will have more money out there in those games, thus experience more variance. Advice I have received is 40-50 x max bet and the trip bankroll I calculated came out to exactly 50 max bets!
    My apologies. I was referring to total bankroll. 50 max bets as a trip bankroll is usually quite sufficient.