See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Naming a corporation for my AP income/expenses

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Naming a corporation for my AP income/expenses

I am setting up a corporation to account for my gambling income and expenses. I already have another corporation for my other business.

I am planning to go with something uninteresting for the name, like "ABC company" (not specifically this, just an example). For APs who have set up a corporation for the same purpose, are there things I might consider in picking a name? I can't think of any reason to pick one name over another, other than perhaps picking something innocuous that isn't overtly a gambling-related name. Thanks!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    In my jurisdiction you can set up numbered corporations with no name at all.

You should only be setting up an S corp imo. You'll save lots on taxes compared to an LLC or just sole proprietor. Assuming you're not on a huge team

Blog Entries

Seems like overkill. A DBA may be enough. Any tax accountants want to weigh in?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Seems like overkill. A DBA may be enough. Any tax accountants want to weigh in?
    S corp will save a good bit on tax.

LLC makes 100k, pays 32% in tax= 32k

S corp makes 100k, (25k salary 75k distribution)
    pays 32%×25k and 22%×75k =24.5k

%s are estimates but close

It will be an S corp, which is what I have already for my other non-gambling business.

You can set up an LLC and elect to be taxed as a Sub S Corp. The best of both worlds? I just did it for a non-gaming business. More info: https://www.bizfilings.com/toolkit/r...of-both-worlds